Chapter 50

Nathaniel

"Why are we here?" Bryce groaned as we walked into a jewelry shop.

I ignored him and went to the front desk where all their rings were. "What rings does maddie like most?" I turned to Damon.

"I don't know, I'm not marrying her"

"You're hopeless" I sighed.

I noticed a pink jewel that caught my eye. I asked the asked guy to let me see it. "Damn that looks expensive"

"You think she would like it?"

"Yeah, probably"

I glared at Bryce. "Should I just buy it all and let her pick?"

"Sounds good" Damon patted my back. "When are you and raven getting married anyway?" Bryce asked and I turned my attention to Damon.

"No idea. Moving here left things in the wind"

"We should do it together. Go big or go home"

"You want to propose together? Is this your way of saying you have a crush on me?"

"Go fuck yourself" I rolled my eyes.

"Blue sapphire" he choose the ring and I chose the pink emarald. We paid for the rings before heading back to the house. "So you guys are really going to go all in?" Bryce looked between Damon and I.

"Yeah, it's been a long time coming"

"I already proposed to my lady cause I know I good thing when I see it" Damon teased.

"I know maddie is a good thing. We just had a few rocky situations"

"Sure"

"You guys seem so old" Bryce looked between the two of us.

"We're 29?" Damon looked at him weird.

"Well I'm 25" Bryce returned the look making me roll my eyes.

"Anyway, we need to hide the rings. We don't need the twins finding it and ruining the surprise"

"Don't say twins just in case they pop up out of nowhere" Bryce turned to look around him.

"They were hiding in the trunk while I was driving to the hospital yesterday"

"They are sneaky" Damon shook his head.

I drove into the driveway and the gate closed behind me. The guys and I got out of the car and walked inside. "Fuck, I'm starving" Bryce groaned and the smell of pasta and pizza filled my nose.

"Who is in the kitchen?" we walked into the kitchen to see Raven and Jax wearing aprons and moving around the kitchen. I turned to Damon who was looking at raven.

"Where's madison?" they turned their attention towards us.

"Oh you're back, you bring doughnuts?" Raven looked at us expectantly.

"No, where's madison?"

"You just can't go hours without maddie huh?"

"I'll find her myself" I walked away from them and walked up to our room only to see it empty. I huffed as I went to my office and checked the camera footage to see where she is. She's in the art room.
I walked out and went over to the art room to see maddie and gabbi sleeping on one of the couches.

"They look so peaceful" I heard Jay's voice making me jump and pull out my gun. "Don't fucking creep up on people like that" I blew out a breath before lowering my gun.

"Soz" he chuckled.

"Mind helping me?"

"Sure. I'll take gabbi" we walked over to them and I picked up maddie gently. Jay did the same with gabbi. We parted ways as we took them to the rooms. I sat maddie on our bed before going over to the closet and hiding the ring between my watches.

"Nate" I heard maddie groan.

"You good?"

"Come here"

"You okay?" I sat down next to her. She moved herself onto my lap and buried her head in my neck. "I missed you" she whispered into my neck.

"I missed you too" I placed my hands around her waist and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Where were you?"

"Had to handle a few things" I shrugged and she eyed me suspiciously.

"Im hungry" maddie whined as she rolled over nearly falling off the head. "Hey you have two buns in there don't fall" I pulled her flush against me making her huff and lay her head on my shoulder.

"Can you make me food?"

"Raven and Jax are handling that"

"That's going to take forever, your babies are hungry now"

"C'mon" I bent down and she jumped on my back. I held onto her thighs as I walked us to the kitchen. "Mads" I turned my head to see Sophia. "Put me down"

"Fine" maddie got off me and went over to Sophia. They walked down the hall and into Sophia's room. I wonder what that's about.

"Give me the fucking pizza" I heard jay scream? I cautiously walked into the kitchen only to get pizza slammed into my face. I glared at Jay as the pizza slid down my face. "You're dead" I growled as I grabbed my gun and started firing at jay. "Nate!" I heard raven yell ducking my bullets.
I reloaded my gun and began firing bullets in Jay's direction until I shot him in the leg.

"Oww" jay yelled out.

"You bitch" i was tackled to the ground by jax and he started punching me. I grabbed my gun from the floor and shot him in the shoulder. "Bitch" he groaned in pain before sliding off me.

I got up from the floor smiling at the two groaning twins until I felt a bullet rip through my stomach. I fell down and groaned in pain. Who the fuck was that?

"Jay" I groaned out.

"Was that real?" they both got up and started looking at my stomach. "Wait what just happened?" Raven looked at us wide eyed

"Nate shot us with blanks but he got shot with a real bullet" Jax frowned.

"Nate!" Maddie screamed and ran to my side. "Who did this?" She ripped her shirt and tied it around my waist. "Could be a sniper but who would do this" Jay questioned.

"Maybe the mole found out we were sniffing around and got scared" jax added

"But why not go for a headshot?" Jax asked confused.

"Guys bleeding out" I coughed up blood.

"Right" they both got up and took me to the doc.