Chapter 08

~Nate

"Hey princess" I smiled as I bent down to pick up Gabbi.

"Hey, I was bonding with my niece" Sophia glared at me.

"She's my daughter, get your own" I smirked.

"Nate, get Gabbi ready" Madison yelled from downstairs.

"Go get your bag, small fry"

"Okay" she wiggled out of my hold and ran to her room.

"How did the talk go?"

"She said sorry which caught me off guard not going to lie"

"Really? That's big of her"

"Yeah I guess"

"Are you guys going to get back together?"

"I don't think so Madison made it very clear that she hates me but I'm not going to give up"

"Okay, One direction" she rolled her eyes and walked away. I sighed, as I headed to Gabbi's room to see her laying in bed sleeping. She really is my daughter...

"Up you go" I chuckled as I threw her over my shoulder, grabbed her bag and walked downstairs where Sophia and Madison were in a deep conversation. I wonder what that is about since they haven't spoken in six years.

"Is she actually sleeping?" Sophia looked at Gabbi's sleeping form in amusement.

"Yes"

Madison gave me her bag and her lunch bag. "You coming with?"

"I have a meeting with that Italian woman"

"What? I don't want you near her"

"I don't have a choice it's my job"

"It is cool if I just-" Sophia took Gabbi from me and walked off.

"You need to give that case over"

"I can't"

"Do you want to get killed?"

"It's my job, this wouldn't have been a problem if you didn't enter our lives"

"Wow fine I will get right out of your fucking life"

"Fine, fuck off then"

"I miss the old Madison"

"Yeah well she's dead, buried her a long time ago" I shook my head and walked out. Sophia was putting Gabbi in my car. "What happened in there?"

"I don't feel like talking" I got into the car and so did Sophia. I drove to Gabbi's school, got out with her and headed to her teacher who was waiting for kids by the entrance.

"Back again" the teacher smiled.

"I love you" I bent down to kiss gabs forehead and she headed inside her school. I stood back up and looked the teacher with a cold look. "What's your name?"

"Anna"

"Hmm well anna, do you like living?"

"What?"

"I'm not going to repeat myself"

"I think you should leave"

"I know how you have been treating Madison"

"Excuse me?"

"Nate, let's fucking go already" Sophia yelled from the car.

"Next time, don't fucking disrespect my woman" my jaw ticked as I controlled the urge to snap her neck.