Chapter 38

Nate

"Hey boss man" Damon joined me outside for a smoke.

"You allowed to smoke with a newborn?"

"No but that meeting irked me" he shook his head before lighting the cig. "You can always back out if you think this is too much"

"I'm not a little bitch"

"Good"

"Why didn't you tell me about the amount of drugs your trafficking into the US?"

"You do realise you hated my guts and wouldn't give me the time of day?"

"Did you know where maddie was all along?"

"Yeah I knew"

"Why didn't you come sooner?"

"I was always watching her and making me sure I was updated with everything but I decided to stay away until I knew she would be ready"

"You're a crazy fuck"

"Thanks man"

He rolled his eyes in response. I took out my phone and decided to give maddie a ring.

"Hey mama"

"Hey, how's your meetings?"

"Just finished one bout to head somewhere but I'll be home in 5 hours"

"Okay, gab is playing downstairs with your baby cousins"

"What?"

"Karen and Thomas are here"

"Why are they in my house?"

"Don't be mean"

"They kicked the twins out what makes them think they can come in my house?"

"That was a long time ago"

"Whatever, I'll see you later"

"Okay"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Aunt karen and Thomas are over at the house?" Bryce walked out.

"How did they even know?"

"Eliza Anderson" I sighed

"Your mom knows you don't fuck with them so why would she organize this?"

"I don't fucking know but when we get home I'm going to find out"

"Do we have another meeting?"

"Yeah"

"Let's go home" Bryce took Damon's cigarette before he could smoke. "We have another meeting to go to"

"We're rich let's quit"

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes as our car pulled up. We all got in and headed to the meeting.

"What is this meeting about?"

"We want to traffic our drugs out to more countries so we have to meet these dumb people"

"So who do we actually sell it to?"

"People"

"Well that was helpful" Damon rolled his eyes.

"Why are you asking me all these questions when you know the procedure"

"I haven't been in it for years"

The car suddenly stopped making me look out the window confused. "Why are we stopping?"

"Hello boys" Mom smiled as she got in.