Chapter 36

Maddie

I went downstairs to the kitchen where Sofia was watching Bryce cook up a storm.

"Why would you give my daughter ice cream early in the fucking morning" I smacked Sofia upside the head.

"Bitch" she tried to hit me back but I dodged it.

"Don't hit my wife" Nate came in and hit her upside the head making me chuckle.

"I am not your child! Stop hitting me" She punched nate in the arm. "Where's my daughter?"

"Living room" Nate walked back out to go look for gabs. "Where are you two going?"

"Doctor"

"Why?"

"Really Sofia?"

"I forgot sorry"

"Yeah okay" I took out a bottle of water and went into the living room where nate and gabbi were talking. "What are you two talking about?"

"She's wants to meet her cousins"

"When?"

"I figured they could come this weekend"

"Okay"

"Ready to go?"

"Where are you going mommy?"

"We're just going to the doctor and then you and I will spend some time together"

"What about dad?"

"Dad has a meeting but he promised that he would be back to read you a bedroom story"

"Promise" she held up her pinky to nate and they pinky promised. "See you later French fry" he kissed her forehead.

"Bye baby" I gave her a quick hug.

Nate and I walked outside the house when a suv pulled up in front. "What doctor are we going to?" I asked as we got into the back. "My doctor" he simple said making me roll my eyes.

"Here you go" he handed me the gun again. "I'm not taking this with me to the fucking doctor"

"I'm not driving with you home after this appointment"

"Seriously"

"Yup" he put the gun in my hands. I just tucked it into my waistband. "Come here baby" he pulled me onto his lap.

"Your driver can see us"

"We're not doing anything"

"Never know with you" i smirked.

He pecked my lips and I indulged him in a makeout. "What do you think the doctor will say?"

"Probably the same as the one in New York but it can't hurt to have a second opinion"

"Atleast I can still get pregnant"

"You want to try again?"

"I don't know" I shrugged.

We stopped infront of the doctors, Nate and i got out and headed inside. "Nathaniel" a old man walked out his office with a huge smile. "You're back in London"

"Yeah, I'm here to stay" he chuckled and they hugged.  "Who is this lovely lady?"

"This is maddie"

"The maddie?"

"Yup"

"Nice to meet you" we shook hands.

"So you were shot? How did that happen?" we walked us into the room and i sat down on the bed thing. "Stray bullet"

"Let me check" he lifted my shirt but was shocked to see the gun. "Let me hold that" Nate grabbed it.

"Why are you letting this girl wear a gun?"

"Safety"

"Let's see how your wound is healing" he started looking the wound. Nate stood next to me and traced circles on my back. "It seems to be healing nicely but I would still take it easy since you're just fresh out of a coma"

"So there are no problems?"

"No"

"Thanks doc"

I pulled down my shirt and tucked the gun back into my waistband. I turned and saw nate hand the doctor two stacks. "Let's get out of here" Nate grabbed my hand and we walked out. There were two cars instead of the suv.

"That's your car, I'll see you tonight" he kissed me before getting into his car and driving off.

I sighed and got into the back of the car. "Don't look so sad" Jax spoke up.

"I'm not sad"

"What did the doctor say?"

"That I'm fine and the bullet hole is healing or healed"

"That's awesome"

"Yeah, where are we going?"

"The mall"

"Where's jay?"

"Waiting at the mall, I got nate's call when we were still at the mall." Is gabbi with?"

"Yup and all the girls"

"What about Damon?"

"He's meeting up with nate at the meeting"

"Is damon really going back into this?"

"What did you expect?"

"Fuck" I sighed and took out the gun from my waistband. "Whoa don't shoot the messenger"

"Calm down" I rolled my eyes and climbed into the passenger seat. "Nate gave it to me for protection"

"Oh then don't go swinging it around"

"You scared?" i smirked.

"I will swerve this car" he warned making me laugh. "Calm down" I tucked the gun in my sweatpants.

"Annnnd we're here" we both got out and headed inside the mall. "Mommy" Gabbi yelled as she ran into my arms.

"Hey baby" I kissed her cheeks before putting her back down. "Hey girl" Raven and Sofia walked up to us.

"Is Sofia the new babysitter?" I chuckled as she held baby sky.

"Yeah and a pretty good one. I got a solid 8 hours of sleep"

"This is the closest I'm going to get to a baby"

"Why?"

"Bryce doesn't want children right now"

"Here you people are!" Jay ran up to us with food.

"Food!" Gab took a bag from his hand and started eating some fries.

"We should head home and eat there"

"Let's have a barbacue at the house like a housewarming"

"That's sounds amazing"

"You guys go ahead while gabbi and I go buy a few things"

"How are you going to get back?"

"I'll give you a call"

"What about your security?"

"I'm fine" I waved them off.

"Fine" Jax sighed before hugging me.

"Bye guys" gabbi waved. They all left while gabbi and I started walking around. "Mom, can I have a toy?"

"Sure" We walked into the shop and gabbi ran straight to a big plushy. "Want to get the whole friend group?"

"Really? All of them?"

"Yup, we're using dad's card" I smirked making her grab them all in her arms.

"Let's go pay" I headed to the front and payed for my daughters toys and headed back out. We bought a few things for the barbacue and I called Jax to send a us a car to head back home.