Chapter 54

Madison

"We can't just leave, what about your dad?" Bryce looked at nate and I did a double take. Dad?

"Im sorry what was that?"

"My dad still has men walking around in my house and he used them to steal our information. We have him in the trunk of the truck"

"How is he alive?"

"Don't know"

"Why is it so quiet here?" I heard nate's mom's voice.

"Let me go talk to her" nate sighed before walking off.

"Can someone explain to me how that man is alive?"

"We still don't know why he would fake his death but he made it clear he wants his role back"

"But nate has been running everything for years, why come back now?"

"I'll take him down to the basement and get him ready for questioning"

"Okay"

"Maddie can we talk?" Sophia asked and I nodded. I grabbed her hand and we went to her bedroom. "You doing okay?"

"Not really, I had this image in my head of my dad that he was a good guy to his family and would do anything for my mom even die for her but now he's so obsessed with getting all of this back. He didn't miss us or even my mom. It just makes me feel lied to and betrayed"

"You have every right to feel like that soph. At least you still have your brother and your mom that will have your back and love you unconditionally. Plus you have all of us as well"

"Thanks maddie" She wrapped her arms around me. "I love you, soph. You're an amazing aunt to my gabbi and that means the world to me. Fuck that guy"

"Yeah fuck him" She laughed slightly.

"You want some wine?"

"Yes please" I nodded and walked out. I went downstairs to the kitchen and poured Sophia a glass.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jax stood with his arms folded.

"Pouring a glass of wine?"

"Why?"

"It's for Sophia? What's your beef?"

"Nothing just curious" he shrugged.

"Are nate and his mom still talking?"

"Nope, they're in the basement having a little family reunion"

"Oh, so where are we going to?"

"Some retreat home in Paris"

"How romantic" I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, have you heard from raven?"

"She's in a hotel with the kids but I'll let her know to pack her bags"

"Okay" he kissed my forehead before walking off. I went back up to Sophia's room and handed her the glass.

"Your mom and brother are downstairs in the basement"

"Do you think I should go down there?"

"If you feel up for it?"

"Yeah but can you come with me?"

"Sure" I watched her gulp down her wine before grabbing my hand. We walked downstairs and to the basement. "Nate open up"

Nate opened the door. "No"

"I wanna see him and hear what he has to say"

"I don't want him to see maddie"

"Oh c'mon, he's not going to do anything if you're by my side" I smiled at nate making him narrow his eyes at me.

"Fine, get in here" we walked in and saw nate's mom sitting in front of their dad while he spoke.

"So you faked your death just for shits and giggles prick?"

"No, I had to leave they we're threatening you"

"I don't believe you"

I looked at nate who was staring at his parents closely. I took a hold of his hand and squeezed it. He smiled slightly at me before going back to glaring at his dad.

"Im tired of him explaining himself" Sophia looked at him annoyed.

"Me too, soph" Their mom agreed and got up.

"Get it done, I can't watch this" his mom patted him on the shoulder before walking out.

"Im gonna go check on your mom" I kissed nate's cheek and walked out.
I heard crying coming from the kitchen and I walked in to see her drinking wine from the bottle while crying her eyes out.

"Oh hey maddie" She smiled before wiping her tears.

"I'm so sorry" I went over to her and she immediately pulled me in for a hug. "He was my best friend, how could he do this to me? Shoot my son just for this life back?"

"This life changes people, you told me that when nate and I first started dating"

"Yeah just didn't think it would be the man I gave my life to"

"It's gonna be okay" I tried to comfort her.

"I hope so"

"Im pregnant" I blurted out.

"What?" She smiled before pulling me in for another hug.

"That's amazing maddie, what are you having? When did this happen?"

"Two weeks ago and I'm having twins"

"Aww I'm so happy" She laughed in spite of herself. "You sure know how to cheer me up"

"Whenever your sad, I'll just say I'm pregnant"

She laughed.