Chapter 17

Nate

It's been 5 fucking hours and nothing.

"I'm hungry" Jay whined looking at all of us laying on the ground waiting for them to wake up. The only thing comforting us is the heart machine indicating that they are alive. 

The doctor left a while ago saying that they would wake up any time now...

"Fuck, it's almost time for gab to get up for school" i sighed looking at the time on my phone.

"We can't let her see them like this" Bryce spoke up.

"We need to move them" we got up and took the two ladies upstairs. Jay was behind us giving us motivational quotes while Jax was downstairs on his phone. I swear i did not miss these bastards although Maddie would be happy to see them as they were only 18 when she left.

"When am i meeting my niece?" Jay whined.

"Shut up" i grumbled i as took Maddie to my room and laid her down on the bed. "She's so pretty" he mumbled as he carefully removed her hair from her face. "Let's go, weirdo"

"Right" he smiled and we walked out. We went downstairs to see Jax in the same position. "Who are you texting"

"A person" he mumbled.

"Gee thanks for the info"

"You're welcome" he said, not taking his eyes from his phone making me roll mine and grabbed the phone. "Dude"

"Why are you asking this poor girl to send feet pics?" i smirked as jay burst out laughing.

"Bro, you freaky"

"Give the fucking phone" he grabbed it from my hand and stormed off.

"So tell me about Maddie" jay sat down and waited for me to talk.

"What do you wanna know?"

"What has she been up to the last six years?"

"Well she gave birth to our daughter, she's one of the most requested lawyers at her firm , we had sex and i have no idea what else she's done"

"You guys had sex?"

"Huh?" fuck did i just let it slip to the family chatterbox? 

"You guys had sex!"
"Yeah, six years ago" i scoffed.

"Very suspicious of you but okay" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Shut up and help me get my daughter ready"

"i would love that" he jumped up. We haven't slept this entire night and yet he still manages to be so fucking hyper.

We went upstairs to Gabbi's room and i slowly opened it to see her sprawled out on the bed while her blanket and most of the pillows are on the floor. Her hair was a complete mess and she had drool on the side of the mouth. She's definitely my kid. My mom has so many embarrassing pictures of me in this exact position which she showed to madison on our first date. Gotta love moms right?

"She's so you" he grinned.

"Yeah i thought the same thing"

i went to wake her up only to get a foot to the face which made Jay chuckle. "Princess" i shook her gently awake. 

"Princess is gone" she mumbled and moved away from me.

"You have to go to school, love"

"You are way to gentle" Jay walked out making me look at his retreating figure in confusion. 

"Babe, school get up"

"No!"

Jay walked back in with a bucket of water. "You're dead if you throw that water on my daughter"

"You think you gently shaking is going to wake her?"

"Well yeah"

"Out of my way" he shoved me out of the way making me growl. "Wakey wakey uncle's sunshine!" he yelled as he threw the water on my poor baby. She shot up from the bed and cried out for me.

I glared at him as i rushed to her and picked her up. "Who is he?"

"That's jay, my cousin"

"I don't like him"

"Hey" Jay pouted.

"I warned you" i mouthed to him to which he stuck his tongue out at me.

"He just wanted to wake you so you can meet him"

"That water was cold"

"Aww I'm sorry" jay stepped closer and took Gabbi from my arms. "I'm Jay"

"Gabbi" she held out her hand making him chuckle and shake hers.

"Where's my mommy?"

"She had to go to work but I'm taking you to school"

"You said she was coming home"

"She did but you were sleeping" i hate lying to her, fuck!

"Okay" she looked at me with her adorable yet heartbreaking frown"

"What do you wanna wear, sunshine?" 

"Let me see" she wiggled out of Jay's grip and headed to her bag and started pulling out clothes. Luckily madison over packed her bag with options. 
"You going to wear your white air forces with that?"

"Yup" she smiled holding her pink baby doll dress. 

"Dang she got more style than me" Jay mumbled.

"She's madison's kid"

"You got that right" 

"I'll go run you bath" i left the two of them in the room while i ran Gabbi a bath. When i was done, i called her in and helped her remove her pajama's and put her in the bath. "Do i need to help you or?"

"I can do it myself" she smiled.

"Okay, i will be in bedroom call if you need anything"
"Okay"

I walked out and saw Jay and Jax are sitting on the bed. "What do you two morons want?"

"He wanted to meet Gabbi"

"She's in the bath so you're going to have to wait"

"Sofia is awake" Bryce yelled and we all ran to her room. I threw open the door and saw Sophia looking at us startled. 

"Hi?"

"What the fuck, Sofia"

"geez you wake up and immediately get cursed out"

"That's right, what the happened last night?"

"We got drunk, she was going to call you to pick us up, she saw the mob lady, panicked, hurried me into the car, i threw up making her swerve and we ended up crashing"

"Why would you drive drunk, stupid"

"Can we not do this right now, where's Maddie?"

"Still unconscious"
"Seriously?"

"yeah she got the worse injuries, i can't believe you would be irresponsible"

"Look I'm sorry but it's not all my fault"

"Fuck you, Sofia" i stormed out and went back to my daughter's room. "You ready?"

"Yes!" i walked in and saw water everywhere. Did she wrestle the lockness monster while i was gone?

"What happened?"

"It wasn't me" she looked at me with her big blue eyes. "You are way to cute" i chuckled.