CHAPTER 12

The Holidays had arrived, and Lyra insisted that she'll stay at Hogwarts for the meantime with Remus and her Aunt and Uncle did agree.

It was already Christmas morning and only a few Gryffindors were at Hogwarts.

When Lyra woke up she saw tons of presents on the feet of her bed, she shuffled a bit before standing up, and walking to the pile at the end of her bed.

The first present she opened was from Harry, Harry had given her a new book, a book about charms, and Mrs. Weasley gave her a sweater, while Hermione gave her a box of chocolate frogs, Ron gave her a new Quill, Fred surprisingly gave her a quill as well, but as soon as she tried it she saw nothing, it turned out it has invisible ink.

Remus had gotten her a new book about Defence Against Dark Arts, Nymphadora had given her a new pair of socks, while Ted and Andromeda gave her a new set of Muggle books.

"Merry Christmas Ly" Hermione said and barged in her dormitory.

"Looks like you're the only one here as well" Hermione said looking at the deserted beds.

"Hi Ly, Merry Christmas" Ginny said going in as well and gave Lyra a small box, and Lyra gave her a box as well.

"Received my gift?" Lyra asked Hermione, and she nodded.

"I liked it" She said and Lyra smiled in relief.

"Lyra this is amazing, you know you shouldn't have to" Ginny said looking at the locket that Lyra gave her.

"It's the least I can do" Lyra said, and Ginny hugged her.

"Let's go downstairs I reckon that the boys are awake" Hermione said and they agreed.

As they went downstairs, Hermione's hunch was correct the boys were already awake and was looking at a parcel which Harry had received.

"Wow, A Firebolt! I've been saving up money for years just to get one of those", Lyra said admiringly looking at the broom in Harry's hands.

"Who sent it?" Lyra asked, still looking at the broom.

"It didn't say who's it from" Harry said, and Hermione had a hunch on who might have given it to him.

"Harry you need to get the broom checked, that broom may or may have been from Sirius Black that broom could be jinxed" Hermione said, and Ron scoffed.

"Why does McGonagall need to know?" Ron Asked.

"I'll go get her" Hermione said before going out of the portrait hole.

"If you need me I'll be with Remus" Lyra said before going out as well.

She didn't know what she felt, anger? Sadness? Jealousy? It was all too much for her, her father couldn't have gave it right? And besides she's got a perfectly good broom, she can save the money for her guitar, or for her future.

Lyra looked at the scar in her left hand and smiled, the five inch scar was made by Remus, after that she rolled up her right sleeve and saw a longer scar, twice as long as the other, this was also made by Remus, you see this was the first time Lyra have seen her Godfather transform, so with a huff, she went to the Astronomy tower and sat down in silence.

"What are you doing here?" A boy from behind said, she knew the voice to well it was Draco.

"Same to you" Lyra said and handed Draco a box, and Draco handed him one as well.

"Rough year?" He asked trying to lighten the mood of his cousin.

"Rough life" Lyra said and Draco sat down in silence with her.

"Want me to kick Weasleys arse?" Draco asked and Lyra laughed lightly.

"That would be highly appreciated" Lyra said with a smile, and Draco smirked.

"But don't get yourself in trouble" Lyra said returning the smirk.

"Nevermind he's not worth my time anyways" Draco said looking at the view from the Astronomy tower.

"I heard about Buckbeak" Lyra said looking at the scenery, and she heard Draco sigh.

"Yeah he'll be executed" Draco said his head down.

"You didn't mean it did you?" Lyra asked, and Draco nodded.

"You know you can add this to your sketchbook" Draco pointed out and Lyra chuckled, Draco was confused, and Lyra sensed it.

"The same thing Harry James told me when we were at the bridge" Lyra said and Draco sneered.

"Why do you spend most of your time with Potter?" Draco asked, every year the boy asks the same thing.

"Every year you ask that question you know" Lyra said, and took a cigarette from her pack.

"Want to smoke?" Lyra asked giving Draco one, and The boy Politely denied.

"What's bothering you, I know something's wrong" Draco said and looked at the older with a suspicious look.

"You'll know sooner or later, but for now I'll be off", Lyra said before Kissing Draco at the forehead.

This time Lyra went to her real destination, she went to Remus, surprisingly Remus wasn't at his quarters.

'Oh who am I kidding maybe he knew about the Firebolt' Lyra thought to herself, and waited a little more, and she was correct Remus went in with the Firebolt in hand.

"Advance Happy Birthday Ly" Remus said and Lyra smiled at him.

"That's from Sirius isn't it?" Lyra asked not using 'Dad'.

"Are you Jealous?" Remus asked.

"No I'm not I'm just offended, if he did gave Harry the broom, then he must've forgotten that he has a daughter" Lyra said, and continued to smoke.

"Cheer up, your Birthday's tomorrow and you're acting like that" Remus said comforting the girl.

"Thanks I'll see you later" Lyra said before making her way out of his quarters, and back to Gryffindor tower.

———

December 26th came and that means it's Lyra's birthday, she woke up earlier than usual, and made her way to the common room, and waited for Hermione and Ginny who greeted her a happy birthday.

The three girls went down to the Great Hall together, and sat down to eat their Breakfast, as they were eating a few owls made it's way to Lyra, and she checked every letter she got, but as usual nothing from her father.

The three girls decided to have a walk at the black lake, the three sat their in silence it's either they're throwing pebbles in the water, or their enjoying the fresh air.

Lyra couldn't be more happy, this was for sure one of her best Birthday.

———

:))