[MM] Reflection (Hyunjin x Leon)

The boy knew he was more than the boy reflected back to him. That was just a copy meanwhile he was the copy plus all the soul, mind, talent, and all. The mirror would do no more harm to him. But how come the mirror sometimes wins even if it doesn't mean to taunt him.

 But how come the mirror sometimes wins even if it doesn't mean to taunt him

He proved that he was beyond his visuals. He even used this as a tool to convey more of how he chooses to portray who he is. He has gone past this stage but sometimes he just fell into the same hole.

"Jinnie, I know you're staring at yourself in the mirror. But I really need you to stop doing that." The person at the door had a voice that held no tease. It didn't even have a tone of trouble or irritation. But it held a tone of understanding and familiarity with the situation. As if he had done the same thing.

If that wasn't enough, the distinctiveness of all his members' voices was branded to the ears of Hyunjin. So he knew that this was Leon.

He unlocked the door but he didn't stray his eyes from the mirror. It seemed to be hypnotizing him. The sight of his copy was just so, unbearable to see but seemed like a need.

But when his copy had befriended another copy of another person, it seemed less hypnotizing but instead enthralling

But when his copy had befriended another copy of another person, it seemed less hypnotizing but instead enthralling. What seemed even more impossible how the sight opposite the mirror seemed more enchanting, his eyes needed to move their line of sight. Now its target was another boy whose fingers found themselves at the back of Hyunjin. They were gentle and not moving but they were warm and held so much comfort at the assurance they brought. He also felt the closeness of them. Not too close but within reach that Hyunjin questioned himself if he actually wanted it so much closer than now. The most evident were the eyes that stared not into his soul, but unto his own and waiting. Did not pry down the walls but instead waited for it to be allowed to enter past.

 Did not pry down the walls but instead waited for it to be allowed to enter past

Leon was just so real yet the personification of what he needs and wants. Yes, he wants.

"I used to stare at the mirror before too. Ask if the person parallel was somewhat better than me or wants me to be better than them." Even how he spoke was calling unto Hyunjin's whole being. His breath was touching Hyunjin's lips and he asked once again, did he want something nearer than this. But besides this, his words wrapped around Hyunjin's neck. Not suffocating him but instead holding unto his and inviting him to dance, to know, to have this moment with Leon. "But I found out that just made me uglier. No matter what I wear or who I wear. Such as not being me on a day to be a certain persona." His eyes were still stuck to the younger's yet his hands moved to comb the other's hair. "But you know what I found out, Jinnie?" The nickname, something he was called by many yet only a number of people would make him feel this way. No, he didn't feel uncomfortable nor weird. All he felt was something right. The younger hummed out a why not speaking above a whisper because he didn't want the others to hear. Although as important as Leon, this moment was theirs only.

"I'll rather stare into the eyes of the ones I love and see the reflection of me there. It's because there is not only kindness but trust and love. I reflected in their eyes is the purest self of mine. And guess what Jinnie? I love seeing myself in your eyes. Would you like to see yourself in mine and find that better than any other reflection piece?"

 Would you like to see yourself in mine and find that better than any other reflection piece?"

His voice wasn't rough but it was husky. Perhaps because it was night, but it made Hyunjin more vulnerable than ever. But it was fine because in that same voice and in those same eyes, Leon was sharing his vulnerability as an offering to go past Hyunjin's walls. He didn't tear them down, rather he asked if he could be invited in. That was the best place to look at his own reflection at.

"Yes hyung. It is the best place to do so. So untainted and the truth only."

They stared at each other for a few seconds before going to another room. To Hyunjin's room where they slept. Their eyes might have been closed already but they saw themselves in each other. When they opened their eyes the following days, months, and years, those same eyes would be open and allow each other to look past and find themself.

A/N: It's 2021, so Happy New Year! I wanted to make a bonus chapter for you guys. Since I'm still thankful for 2020 because of your reads, votes, adds, follows, comments, and all. I want to promise you that I shall continue to improve and give you worthy chapters this upcoming year. Thanks for everything guys! Let's face 2021 in the light that we have something to hold unto, even as simple as our hobbies such as reading or anything. One of my anchors is this. So thank you! - Aid