Look Back At The Crossroads (With Non-Idol Friends)

Most of them lived on different paths at the same crossroads. All having met before, and the same road long enough to forge friendships. But all took a path exclusive to how their roots branched out, yet they always found themselves walking a few paces back. To have a phone call. To meet one another. And pretend they were wearing the same shoes once again.

Leon, the rest are planning to get together. You free when?

How many were they? They were quite a number of people who found their way at the same intersection. Although as years passed, there were a few who chose to move forward with no intention of looking back. And maybe there were suddenly cut-out possibilities in the tree of memories, but they held no ill feelings to those people. They simply found another future in this world with no more future connections to their shared past. But to Heidi, Luis, Julian, Karin, and the rest whose names are hard to speak, they could hope they shared the same feelings. No regrets, and memories enough for their lifetime.

There were times wherein they thought it was the end, but it wasn't. Just a pause, such as Aerum who took quite some time before returning to their embrace. She needed that to let Leon go, and now that she was sure that their red string burned, yet the string of yellow to friendship stayed, she went back to them. Greeting all their friends alike. So with her back, they were once again seven. Each pulled into this friendship that even the fates were not prepared to collide. Leon was one of the main roots, one could say. He had the heart for dreams, chances, and many things.

As he moved, he brought with him Aerum whose path had solidified with Mae at moments the boy she once loved that way, was in other dream landscapes. Mae was one of the only non-Asian student scholars in LH Asia. Therefore she was close with the non-Asians under the company, and one of them was Ian. The boy despite his ethnicity being a stark contrast, found the company he interned at as a very inclusive space. But in his own mind of business and numbers, he found half of his soul with the artist Shiro. A boy granted an opportunity to design and magnify the presence of people through clothes.

The girl, who moved for her best friend, had found other people to hold hands with, and no malice in their bond. Meanwhile, Leon being one of the top names in the Labyrinth Hub made many intimidated by him. People treated him with an arm's length for his brilliance and kindness might be infectious but he was at a height different than many. This was his reality, mostly finding himself seen as an equal by names as big, or bigger than his. Except for two who braved through him, approached for his advice as a producer and director, but eventually became his friends over time. They are Xiang, the aspiring director, and Yara, his best friend who already had a promised future with her family business in Korea. When the two worlds collided, this was a forever kind of bond.

In the year 2021, all were established names at their own careers. Some more silent than the others and a few were chanted by the crowd. With this, they held an understanding and patience for one another at levels surprising maybe but fitted for their friendship. And as guilty as he is to admit even if they do not mind, Leon is the friend who can't make it the most. For unlike them, who might have their own cameras and microphones following, it was not comparable to an idol's.

 For unlike them, who might have their own cameras and microphones following, it was not comparable to an idol's