Birthday?

It was midnight of August 9th, wherein the day was just proclaimed, and the boys are about to surprise one of their hyungs. A possible place to celebrate would be their dorm, wherein they could have a sure luxury of privacy. But having not seen the older boy visit their home, they decided on another route to do the surprise. At the workshop studio, as JYP mentioned that Leon was directing a music video.

With balloons, banana bread (as Leon strictly avoided sweets and pastries), and a few gifts whether packaged or not, were in their hands to give a successful surprise. They didn't bring Stay in the surprise as they knew Leon didn't want them to see him in work mode. So they respected his wishes and scheduled a vlive to celebrate both 99 liners for their birthday in August.

The noise of whispers and music, inside of the room made the boys more confident that they were at the right place

The noise of whispers and music, inside of the room made the boys more confident that they were at the right place. At the right door to surprise. So glancing at one another, with a count too usual, they opened the door and shouted their greetings, "Happy Birthday!" There they saw a few dancers, some makeup artists, costume designers, others, and Leon. The birthday boy was clad in sweats and was sweating. He was by the dancers and was demonstrating a particular stunt as the boys came in. He went to face the newcomers and was surprised to find out it was his members. "Hey guys, what are you doing here? Why all the celebration stuff?" There was truth to his confusion. As his tilted head racked to remember and find an important date in their lives.

"Hyung don't you know what date it is today already?" Jisung couldn't help but ask. It was like Chan all over again once upon a time. The older boy looked at him and replied, "I think it's the ninth of August? Or that's my count on the day...". Smart and aware enough to count the days but so clueless on its importance. This is an irony as it was something he should give great importance to. Hyunjin let out an incoherent sound as he was in disbelief. His breath wasn't just caught in his throat, nor was there no air. But instead, it seemed like he was breathing and taking too much oxygen as he digests his hyung's ignorance. The others told him off for being dramatic but in all honesty, they were just feeling the same.

"Hey Navigators, let's take a break for now. Go home and rest, we'll see each other at eight in the evening. Earlier for those who still want to check in their costumes, so we can make adjustments. Thanks!" The crowd nodded and left slowly leaving the Stray Kids.

"Of course you and I would forget these things." With some difficulty, the boy tried as much as he could to wrap his arms around the younger boy's shoulders. The boy was still so confused, and it was so evident from his pout and his lips that nipped on his thumb, that he was trying to think about it. It was Felix who let him know what was happening, he couldn't really get Chan and Leon on forgetting these things. "Hyung it's August 9, your birthday. You're 22 already." Leon processed these words first before a look of realization hit him. They thought he was on the same wavelength as them already but turned out to be not quite. He was near but not there.

"I turned a year old, damn

"I turned a year old, damn." Lee Know let out a laugh and bumped his balloon to Leon's head. "You dork," then the two started to tease each other with flirty remarks. It was not them who were suffering embarrassment but rather their members whose faces are now red. It was just too natural, and it made the situation more embarrassing for the others. Someone did try to diffuse the tension as it might get out of hand and who knew what can happen? "Well hyung, we wanted to surprise you. But hoped you kind of knew that it was your birthday," Changbin said. A growl emitting in his voice but it was harmless, just whining. The man rolled his eyes and messed up the boy's hair. A glint in his eyes, that glimmered even past his age, as the younger complained. "No Binnie, it's my birthday and I'm older than you." Seungmin laughed and said double kill as the other scrunched up his nose in detest.

"Well, let's at least eat. I'm kind of starving and I just remembered it's my birthday." That was how their small celebration began. No one knew the exact details but the important thing was the way Leon felt. He felt appreciated and remembered. Even though he also forgot himself at one point.

(A/N: Hope you enjoyed this! This happened to me once too and it made others so sad. But sometimes it happens, the world is busy. Hope you enjoyed the update! I know it's not following the schedule but Leon's birthday and my birthday are one and the same so I thought why not.)