[Kingdom: Legendary War] Fun and Games Under the Code Name of Competition

Kingdom Spring Track Meet was the event held today. Even if he tried to pretend and brood for the fuss to be under the sun, he can't stop smiling. Fire set his heart to a temperature, and the butterflies on his stomach restless, all metaphors to try and write his happiness as of the moment. It was like his life in America, a well-rounded student of excellence (academic wise and other areas), and his life in Korea, a creative person behind the scenes turned idol. And he loved this, allowing both lives of his to unite. In truth, he wasn't so sure if such an opportunity other than this would come his way this soon. And to think that it almost had to be rejected, had him in a loop of blames wherein the end of his fingers were pointed at himself. But thankfully, with approval from his doctor, he was able to take part. There were no fractures or sprains to his leg, a few bruises that bled underneath the skin yet not too critical. So he pushed to be part, to help his team in at least one part of the competition. What's so great to also hear is that his team is more diverse than ever. Unlike in his school days wherein his representation stood to loyalty to his academy, or his regular idol life wherein he's a member of Stray Kids, he is able to contribute to one team with three groups. MayFly. A team he never expected to have been made but thankfully so was written into their fates and history.

He was one with his members in having a heavy heart that day. The cracks to his heart, yet ice to his figure after hearing their performance on the lower end of the scale, have not healed. His hands were clasped against the other, seemingly too formal, but in truth hiding the rage. And he wanted to be anywhere but there. But something turned around. It didn't erase what had happened but it uplifted him.

Whether juniors or seniors in the industry, maybe even directors or people behind the scenes, to be chosen is to be recognized. To have your name be recommended and asked for by another is one reason to be proud of yourself. Maybe this night wasn't only their names getting dragged down. Maybe they went back a couple of steps, but people still recognized the place where they could take their crown. "The last group we choose is... Stray Kids."

Much gratitude he could feel towards ATEEZ, for the chance and the recognition. He might not be able to say it out loud but with whatever they face together, he'll show this thanks. Maybe in an unexpected way though.

As official filming had started, and they were preparing to march, Leon stood at the back of his group. His thoughts were centered on how he was exposing himself to the sun. An activity he rejected most of the time yet, here he was. Or as his leader told him earlier, 'to make up for all your weeks with no sun.' Besides this, he was not only out in the sun but wearing pink. Out of all the colors, the one most out of his usual palette was the skin that graced their team representation. Who did he agree with when they decided on pink? Who? Could it possibly be his member sitting underneath the tent, introducing himself as an MC? "They have the nicknames of Lovey and Dovey on Kingdom." Also, the same one who he tries not to cringe at when he and Wooyoung do aegyo. Well, his memories were quite hard to recall so for now, he might have to blame Changbin for the pink color because the man was trying to act cute on camera. 'One of my boyfriends, this is who I chose with my heart. Yes.'

The march as their teams were introduced had Leon almost begging to let out a laugh. All were energized in their own way, letting out certain quirks, and needless to say, his team let out their own. Although, he had to admit they had to stay clear of SF9 in order to not...accentuate the height difference. "Most of these members have experience in various sports." That statement for their introduction had even their representative MC, Changbin, let out his doubt over the script. Even Leon and Chan exchanged big smiles as they were introduced, only if they knew one of them would be the ace and the other as the extreme vaulter. "The dark horse of athletic groups, Stray Kids." The chant of their group was adorable though. With Felix's voice being distinctly heard and his cute facial expressions. Even if he stood from the back, Leon was fawning over him. "I'm not really expecting high scores from my group. But I'm going to cheer them on." The other 99 liner of the group could only roll his eyes at the words. Oh, this is the group he solidified in and there was no turning back.