The Story Behind I Wish You The Best

Whose story was behind the heartbreaking song? Most idols would testify to say that it was a high school memory or mimicking what they have read or seen. But is this the case for Stray Kids' B side song. Fans talked about and wondered who it was dedicated to. For Ex they still haven't gotten their answers so having an answer for this is impossible.

What the fans did not know is the other boys themselves were unsure who it was about. They had their own theories yet never had the time to ask the songwriter himself. That was until a lucky day, wherein they had time to kill before performing on stage in a few hours. The other seven cornered both 99 liners, and pestered them. Some whining and others clinging to the boys. The two boys laughed at their members but they knew someone had to spill their story. It had to be a "juicy" one for that was what was expected.

Changbin in all honesty didn't know what to share with the boys. He assumed that some of them already knew the whole thing and most of them at least half of it. So he pleaded to Leon with his eyes, and the older couldn't resist the younger. The younger rejoiced with a smile knowing that his best friend wouldn't say no to him unless it was strictly private.

"Fine but as you all know it doesn't leave this circle okay?" As they were lucky to have gone early, none of the other backstage crew were with them. They also had an air conditioned room free of cameras to themselves. The boys settled comfortably and were awaiting for the explanation.

Leon kept it real and honest and it brought back so many things. So many things are told in at least fifteen songs. But he promised himself that this would be the last. "So I'll be real and tell you it's about someone from my life. This someone is a person I have known for years. This someone is a boy close to my heart." For months he almost forgot how the boy looked like but now it hit him. He felt as though the boy himself was in the room and hearing the story himself.

"He was the best person I had

"He was the best person I had. Only he knew me that way because I chose him. But no matter how long we chose each other, it ended. After all we made no promises for forever." He could smell tofu all of a sudden. The signature dish when they were together. They would never eat tofu with other people because it was reserved for each other. But now, tofu was just supposed to be tofu. Yet Leon still couldn't bring himself to do the specific dish he loved because he knew he'd always reserve a plate for him.

Changbin laced his fingers through Leon as he felt him. Leon had briefly told him of this boy, no details but he always felt different when Leon had spoken about him. Leon was always smiling and always shining up until he stopped talking about the boy. The boy who he referred to as someone who disappeared. "He was my before and after Aerum. I stopped loving him at some point yet somehow the universe pulled us back. With that we thought it was a sign of a promised longer from destiny. But I was wrong."

"