[Song Dimensions] Hug - Seventeen Vocal Unit

*I highly suggest you really play the song as you read

Secretly laughing, secretly crying

While hiding my state

The day that seems to be beyond my capacity passes by

He himself does not understand how it breaks. No bullet to pierce through, no cracks that happened to be, not even a hand to tear off the mask he wears beneath. It was unseen but present, something built and tested through time yet at the moment he knew nothing, it fell, not even a process of little by little. It just fell.

A successful performance, yet still there were things to be done. But he did not despise this. For his group always brought justice to the hard work each member gave, so to give more was not something burdensome. The red and black stage outfits they wore were hung around the dressing room. Members stumbling in dressing stalls here and there. Others were wiping their makeup off, trying to leave their explosive selves on the stage to get a good night's sleep. Leon was doing the same thing, but his next destination was far from the bed.

"Are you coming home with the boys, Leon?" The manager who was trying to round up the boy, wake them enough to go to the car. The older man was used to at least one of the members not being part of the countback home. But he would always pray that one of these days, all of the boys would go back home. Yet that was not today. Even though he saw the boy wearing clothes just like the rest, he would not be going home. "Not today, hyung. I'll be going back to the company." His hands tried their best not to graze his face, as it might emphasize his tiredness, so it swept his hair that begged to be a mess. A mess because of sleep, and not of countless hours of his hand grasping it to keep awake.

"Okay. But take a nap at least before you start working." But he did not promise. Leon never did, because, for those kinds of things, there are always chances he won't hold up his end of the deal. So he just won't promise.

Only if sleep was a friend of his. Maybe it would've caused him to slumber, at least for a minute. Better to sleep than do what he was doing right now. His mind was not working, yet it would not shut down.

Open, and running, yet frozen on the screen and so unproductive.

Not allowing his feet to steer into expression, fingers couldn't even go against the keyboard for what to type? The lyrics that were on his heartstrings were clogged, was his heart even beating? He was wasting time. His eyes may have not met the clock but he knows he is. Why waste time on pauses? Why stop?

Yet his CPU wouldn't allow other further commands than for his words to say the same thing over and over again.

"Need to work hard. Work hard. Work hard."

Today as well, the words that can't be said

And can only be reflected inside one's heart

I'm having a hard time

Maybe his eyes closed for a moment too long. Or maybe his frozen state had stopped yet not preserved time. It was nine in the morning, the sun waiting to soar to the highest point of the sky for the day. Yet his studio whose blinds protected him against the world, or maybe it protected the world against him, who knows? But it did its part and made him stay in his own world. Yet sometimes, it's better to be in the clouds than in a bubble of yourself.