[What If] If I Said No

His hands were responsible for many masterpieces. These masterpieces had the ability to control the atmosphere of a room, to have held on to the listener's emotions, and to give a safe space to whoever stumbles upon these records. But these hands of his were not seen on television, or media sites. Instead, they were in the restraint of studios that only the artist would ever see. Did he despise this? No, because a magician never reveals his tricks, and he wishes the power of his magic to be as intense. If he does decide to shed light on it, would it still have the same power of a producer by a name, a face, but no documentaries or cameras in the tail? "You know, 3Racha, I want this to happen over and over again. To work with you, and even go as far as being friends with you. Because I, as a producer and behind the scenes creative, recognize the talent you can show the world. But, maybe that's my role. I'm not meant to be an idol or performer."

For a long time, he was the only boy his age dominating behind the screen

For a long time, he was the only boy his age dominating behind the screen. He was Leon, a young fresh but nevertheless brilliant producer, songwriter, director, choreographer, etc. But his name was not one to be associated as an idol, and he wishes it to stay the same. Even if temptation was at the door, by the faces of three young boys he wanted to stay side by side with. "Fine, hyung, but you have to promise that you'll work with the group we'll be part of in the future. You have to promise that you'll be okay answering our calls even if you work with more and more successful groups." Was it selfish for Leon to look back now, and get angry at himself for not making them promise the same? Because while they thrived, and while that vow existed in the same lifetime, he doesn't know them anymore. They were probably genuine people, their foundation still the same hopefully. But in the masterpieces he knew of Stray Kids, he wasn't close enough to see each puzzle piece of their mosaic. Not anymore, when JYP referred them to other constant producers that only guide 3Racha.

As before, he was more in the shadows. This location allowed him to drift to other corners, and his eyes looked out for them. When they got their first rookie awards, he was still close enough to see their lines. To hear them out on their fears of how their sound was to be interpreted by the public. But also the stubbornness in them that enabled their endurance for this run in the industry. A glaze in their forms he was so proud of. Maybe up until now if he could see close enough and glimpse if it stayed.

But Leon could not hold anything against them because his denial to be a trainee was his decision only. So he let it be. The boy lurked deeper into the scene and worked with any artist, known or not, as long as he saw the glimmer of determination in them. His name was spoken in interviews, the people he worked with became friends and could not help but shout his name out. This action of theirs, which he never asked them to do, made his name ring throughout. Not only was he a trending Asian-American behind the scenes creative. He was The Producer. A man with a household name, he never intended to build. Nothing held him back from giving his talent to uplift others.

But this did not stop him from also releasing his own music. Under his company Labyrinth Hub, he was the first soloist. The songs he puts out are carefully chosen, and ones he could not envision others to use. Because they were vulnerably him, and only he can release the story with justice. So he did, not wanting to keep it hidden when many needed the same comfort it gave him while producing it. Yet, he was still true to what he told 3Racha years ago. He was not a performer, and the only traces of him will be in the records and studios. One audio file, one video, and nothing more for a song.