Let Us Take Care Of You (Sick)

(this chapter is more focused on the hyungs older than Leon)

One thing every idol dreads is getting sick. Not only does it mean you're physically unwell but rather the burdens and consequences of being sick have. It's either one pushes through the day and hopes that no one notices or you miss the day and you miss everything basically.

So when Leon woke up one Thursday morning and felt sick, all he could think of was, "Oh hell no please." He had a perk for waking up early, no one checks on you yet because most of his members were asleep or still groggy. No one would notice at least for an hour. An hour that would hopefully be enough to drive away from this feeling of his.

First step: refresh yourself. This means taking a change of clothes, showering if possible, and clearing away any physical signs of unwellness. So that's what he did and no matter how much his body detested to leave the bed, he just had to. A hot shower was his friend and clothes that were fairly lighter in color were what he wore. He was afraid of wearing black at the fear his paleness would magnify.

Second step: drink a glass of water and drink/eat anything that might take away the sickness bug. So he padded into the kitchen, passing by Seungmin on the coach. The boy had his eyes barely open so he was still in the clear. He got a glass of water and started boiling some tea, making the minimum noise he could. Their fridge was filled but none would help him get better. But maybe making soup would help him.

The man pondered whether to do the third step first or make soup first. He came to a decision but it might have been too late. For when he closed the door of the fridge, Chan was in the kitchen with him too. What he used to steep tea was still unwashed and might alert Chan. So the boy held his breath and gave a small smile to Chan.

He didn't dare to speak for the tea didn't clear his voice yet. He just waved and luckily the leader was still sleepy as he waved back. Leon decided to send a quiet message to Chan, who soon went to wash first.

"Hi hyung, I'm going to the studio early. I have something quick to fix. See you later."

After shooting the quick message, he transferred the tea to a travel mug and left the dorm. Even if he wanted to make soup, the third step was granted first.

Leon worked at his studio, although with a raspy voice, tired eyes, and the flu threatening to break out. But he could not bear to go earlier than midnight, wherein at least most of the members were asleep and won't notice him. So from the hours of the morning until lunch, he stayed at his studio. He was really just planning to order a soup and maybe some medicine and have it delivered but fate had other plans.

Someone knocked on his studio door. He could've pretended that he didn't hear it but he did. He did and he knew if it were one of his members they could have the spare key card. So with a brave face and a prayer he opened the door.

Just his luck. It was none other than Chan and Minho. Both boys were smiling and were about to ask Leon how he was doing until they caught sight of him. Most might not know but both already knew some of the habits of the younger boy. Such as keeping quiet when he was sick. His appearance said it all for them. Although he wore clothes that might've helped his case, he was paler than usual. His cheeks had a bit of a pink tint to them and his nose a little red. He wasn't standing as tall as he usually did, in his slouch there was tiredness.

So when Minho suddenly placed his hand on the forehead of the younger man, quick and in surprise that Leon wasn't able to dodge, Leon knew he was doomed. "You're so hot, Leon." Leon tried to joke with a flirt to his elder but the stares of both made him realize there was no explaining this.

"That's it you're coming home with us and you're going to lie in bed to rest." Chan was the one to pull Leon closer to him as Minho closed the studio door. Chan winced at the coldness of Leon's hands and was 100 percent sure he was sick. "Why didn't you tell anyone or at least sleep in?" the boy tried to say his excuses, which were true still. He didn't want to be unproductive today and cause setbacks to the group.