Before the Survival Show

His name was heard before his face was seen. Having a name before himself training with the same people who are called idols. In the year 2015, his name kept on appearing on the database. Companies started to get intrigued by who this "Leon" was and why he was being credited. He was an Asian-American teenager who was collaborating with artists internationally. With signature moves, edits, lyrics, and directing found in videos. But Korea only took notice when he was credited for Drama OSTs, 1Million Dance, BTS' House of Cards, and director of a short (youtube) Korean film.

 But Korea only took notice when he was credited for Drama OSTs, 1Million Dance, BTS' House of Cards, and director of a short (youtube) Korean film

His feet padded endlessly, a city upon city, and country to country that companies needed the luck to find him. At first, when he heard of Kpop companies scouting him, his senses doubted their abilities. Where did he get such an idea? Sure, he had a name in the United States but for Korea to be calling for him? No, it did not sink in until his latest flight back. Hitman "Bang" called for him and was the one to confirm the news. He was offered a position as a producer in Big Hit but he instead changed the course. He did not have to worry his head about the 'legal' and business side of the industry. He had already stepped foot into these waters when he performed in countries beyond Korea. So equipped with a lawyer, trusted people, and his company then began the talk with several companies. He did not want his roots to be limiting him for his roots were wherever dreams could come true. So he did not tie himself to one company. But instead drifted with direction to all he can reach. A freelancer on call. 

Becoming a trainee was written in the stars but not at his sky he walked under at

Becoming a trainee was written in the stars but not at his sky he walked under at. Although some companies had insisted it was and if it wasn't then they would write it for him. But it was just too impossible for him. Yes, his muscles would exert as much effort as his heart asked and mind demanded. He knew what it was like to be better than yesterday. But stage presence? He knew what it was to step on it. He helps his voice against thousands of faces. Even in the practice rooms, he knew how to hold their attention. But because he allowed himself to be an instrument. But to perform? He never once thought he would be showing himself and what he wanted to the world. He was unfamiliar with that. 

Even if he did commit to Korea, he did not study there. And he highly valued his education, so he always just asked himself on what record would he break on the flights back and forth per week he took. 

Face a mystery and always a mask to fit until 2016. In 2016, he allowed photos of him and other producers to surface online. Finally a face to the boy who broke the database for 2015. After he came to this decision, many started to follow his social media. Asking and telling him to become an idol. His face held something society wanted to grade and they did. They graded it as something they wanted and this only further pushed people to ask him to be an idol. But he did not listen even though it sounded tempting to become a trainee. That was until he met 3Racha in late 2016.

He fell in love with their sound

He fell in love with their sound. It was what they wanted people to hear. True to themselves but not forced to be revealed. He fell in love with their sound in a moment considered mundane to other artists. JYP suggested that he collaborate with the trio. He could teach them and collaborate with them easily because their ages were near each other. By a year or two or none. So he decided to give it a try. Who knew this try of his was the one to change his life. He mostly worked with older producers so working with aspiring self-producing idols would give a new avenue for him. When he worked with the three boys, it seemed the stars aligned to the people's wishes and his. 

The boys were also "fanboying" when they worked with him for he had a name yet here he was, helping rookies like them. They were the ones who consider becoming an idol as it does suit him. Since that day, he signed a contract with JYP to become a trainee. But don't let it fool you, he set his own term and conditions too.

After that, it took a few months, but it was not as bad as he thought

After that, it took a few months, but it was not as bad as he thought. He was friendly with many trainees and him being an all-rounder, although tiring, was fulfilling. His schedule was quite different from the trainees as he does work around the globe, but he always made sure to have time for 3Racha and another trainee named Lee Minho. The universe wasn't against that as it helped him make time for them too.

In 2017, that was where the possibility for idol life really began. The Survival Show.