Perishable Product

Trigger Warning: As the chapter briefly mentions Moonbin's passing, death will be discussed. In addition to this, there will be dark thoughts, suicide, suicide ideation, and other sensitive topics. If these are topics that cause discomfort, kindly skip to the bottom of the chapter. After the line divider, there will be a simple summary of the chapter.

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

When the eclipse comes and knocks on an angel's door, there is sorrow. A person is invited back to the other dimension, leaving their body to decay or burn. But somehow, the gentle hand of Death allows those left behind to see the light at acceptance.

Although the comparisons cannot be held back even by grief. Because many will see his name, associate it with a grave and his age, then remember. Remember those who the industry pushed to the edge of life. And it pained everyone to believe the truth. Somehow, those who lived in agony begged for rest to come past their body and welcome them home.

How many names are on the list? Because even one is a cost. One that all these companies, idols, and fans need to learn from. Take on the choice of love. But with the pressing hatred and envy taking their course, Leon dared to say that the world has only grown crueler since then.

Lives are lost because of selfishness. People add on to their blind spots because they only care about life from their point of view. And he cannot defend those who call themselves supporters anymore because an alarming number practice barbarism with ease by viewing videos.

The news of passing can beat light's speed in the community. He couldn't remember then how he reacted when he heard. But his manager did a good job of painting the image in his head. These words spilled from his manager's lips with a stutter. Honesty wanted to stop them from hitting him with blunt bullets. But his repeated action of scratching his arms had the manager spill. After all, his memory fainted in his grief-driven body for a good two hours before the vessel got tired and shut down.

"Moonbin passed away last 19th of April. And you got a gust of the news when we were on the way to the company from the airport."

A phone that blew up with notifications. Many of his silent friends, fellow idols, started asking many questions in the group chats. Another body count for the Kpop industry. And he didn't understand. So he opened one that had many third-generation idols. And the words appeared to him in flashes with each back-read text.

Moonbin.

Found in his home.

Was smiling a few days ago.

Nobody in that group took on the facade of lies around one another. After all, if they hid from those in the same situation, then one can feel too lonely. And so Leon knew that it was already a verdict. Their messages were true. But he was in delusions and hurriedly swiped to the news channels, searching. With each swipe, another scratch came at his neck. It became deeper and deeper. The white line darkened to red marks until it tore through the skin like paper when the led pencil was at the hands of someone in deep rage or despair.

The sob broke though him, dry coughs following. But it broke through his body like a plague, his breath taking on a quick rhythm and it was almost like he couldn't take on air. And that was when his mind exited. He couldn't remember then. New scars were testaments to the intense violence he inflicted in the absence of his control center. Emotions had drawn him grief on his skin.

All the staff by him were prying his hands off him. There were many calls to his name, even someone physically shaking his shoulders, but it seemed like he was turned off. And it caused them all to detour, his manager shouting to bring them to a hospital.