Chapter 57: Fun afternoon to curiosity

Astrid

Today I was fine... luckily. I didn't run into no Frat boys. My now, new term for him, my 4TH ex-boyfriend, that had my heart but broke it and never can be fix by him. Only Cammie or Renee.

Cammie did tell me she would plan a murder for him to make me better. But I wont. The pain is still there.

I get ready to walk on out when...

"Ally!" I hear someone call my name. Oh great...

I turned around and saw Hayden running down the hall to me.

I gasped and ran out. I run on the court yard and to my dorm. No! To easy. I turn into the parking lot, doing cars backing out, ignoring there honks and I run to the café.

After 5 minutes of running, I was exhausted and sweating and a couple tears down my eyes. The tears were noticeable since the sweat covered it.

I wipe my face with my arm and walked in the café. I scan the area.

No sign of Hayden. Good.

I walked into the girls restroom first, getting freshed up and redoing my hair from a ponytail, to a bun.

I was finished and slung my bag over my shoulder, walking out to a table.

I sit in the corner as I always do.

"Hey stranger." Someone called over to me. I looked around and saw Toby. I smiled a little and said, "Hey... Toby...? What are you doing here?" I sit up a little, and scooting over as he sits next to me.

He shrugged, "Getting a drink and food? I guess. I'm starving from today."

I chuckled, "I don't blame you. I avoided lunch and the lunch room today." Obviously, Hayden. I'm not going in there if he's in there.

He cocked up an eyebrow, "How come? What did he do?" He sounded a little strict.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes. Spill it. Now." He sat a little closer, but needing to know.

I sigh, "Just an argument we had. I thought it was ny fault for it and I went to apologize to him this morning..." I trailed off.

"But?" He knew there's more.

"But I guess him and some ginger girl had 'Fun' last night." I used finger air quotes around 'Fun'. I was a little devastated being hurt like that. But I guess that's how he is.

I declared it; Once a bad boy, always a bad boy.

Nothing changes out of them.

Toby sighs, "I'm sorry." He wrapped an arm around me but I didn't feel uncomfortable. I needed comfort, and I didn't care who besides Hayden. I rested my head on his shoulder and sighs, "That's the forth time i've been hurt. I officially hate dating, Toby." I mummbled, turning my head so I can rest my forehead on his shoulder.

I felt a pair of soft lips connect to my temple, "I know and I'm sorry. I had a reason. I didn't want you getting hurt...during that time. I remember when you apologized something that wasn't your fault." He chuckled and I smiled a little.

I understood Toby's reason. I knew everything about why he broke up with me. He wanted me safe. Not hurt at all.

I looked at him and he looked at me. He smiled, "C'mon. I'll take you out somewhere else to lunch. This place seems to be a ghost town."

I looked around and there was no one here, literally. No customers. No waiters.

I laughed a little and nodded, "Yeah."