Chapter 16: Sharing, Understanding, and Finish something you started part 2

Hiccup

She looked up at me and asked, "So, what did your mom do to come to college?"

I smiled and looks down and over at her,  "Designing... art and computer designing. She was one hell of a smart women. Last time I saw her i was only 5 and something happened to her and I never saw her again. But years later when I was 15, I found a letter and a package in a box in the attic since I was cleaning it out."

I looked straight ahead and she asked, "What did the letter say?" I smiled and i pulled out the letter and i opened it. She looks at it and i read outloud;

"Dear Stoick,

I'm sorry I ran off. I sent this cause I wanted to apologize. Apologize for me running off on you and you raising Hayden alone. I just had a reason. But I wanted you guys to know I loved you dearly. And i have a surprise for Hayden in the package. It's a little something for him once he grows up and moves out. I love you guys.  ~Valka Haddock."

I finished and said, "She sent this when I was 10 years old. He kept this letter and the package in the attic for 5 years from me. And you wanna know what was in the package?"

I asked and looked at her. She nodded and i said, "A cheak for 2 million dollars." She gave a surprised looked and i said, "I never even cashed the money. I still have the cheak." I pull it out and she sees. I wasn't lying and she smiled and looked at me, "That was nice. But isn't you dad also rich?" I nodded, "Yeah. He puts about $10 thousand dollars in my bank account ever week or two. I hardly use the money but oh well. I don't need his money... i rather be poor and have this cheak from my mom."

Me and her laugh a little. I put the letter and cheak away, "I always keep it with me to think of my mom. She's the one I love. Not my dad. My dad always gave me a hard time."

She looked down and snuggled her head on my shoulder, "I'm sorry about that." I smiled and said, "it's alright."

I lean my head onto hers and we talked of a while. She slowly sleeps and i watch. I saw her shivering so I scooped her into my arms gently and placed her into bed. I smiled and kissed her head and whispered, "I love you."

I get up and i walked out if her dorm room and heads back to mine for the night.