Chapter 39: Birthday and the Truth

Astrid

A few days pass by. I slowly heal throughout the days but it's gonna take time. My throat was really sore since I kept coughing. I sneeze and my allergies come during this season of spring and close to summer.

Anything I sneeze, some blood will come out. It's normal to me since I smelled Lillies in the atmosphere on Friday.

This happened to me a couple times. The first time this happened to me was when I was just a baby. The second time was when I was 5. Now 14 years later, it happened once again.

It would be 13 but 14 cause today is my birthday. I'm turning 20. Haydens birthday happened yesterday and he's 20 also. But im glad I'm 20. I'm no longer a teenager. Once I'm 21, I'm free from the college and I'm on with my life.

I lay in bed reading 50 Shades of Grey. Don't ask why I'm reading it. It seems...interesting. I read and I hear a knock. I looked up and came; Hayden, Cammilla, Luke and the Twins.

They came in with a few small gifts, and a birth day ice cream cone and a lattee. The twine both hold two teddy bears and balloons. The Bears hold a card each.

I smiled and sets my book down.

They smiled, "Our little girl is growing up. Now everyone in this room will be 20." Cammilla said in tears. I chuckled and said weak, "C'mon here." I hold out my arms and we hugged. I smiled and she let's go.

I opened up my gifts and I got books. Cammilla smiled and handed me a small bag, "This bag has a gift from some girl named Renee."

My head perked up and Hayden chuckled, "Someone misses her best friend."

I nodded. I open up my gift and there, in my hands is a picture frame. I felt a switched and I flipped it on. A screen came on and there were photos slowly going by with me and Renee. There were 20 pictures. Year picture was me and Renee on out birthday since today was also her birthday. But every picture represented every year. As it finished, I turned it off and I hugged it gently, "This gift is the best."

Everyone smiled and 'awed.'

I ate my ice cream and we all relaxed for the day.

Everyone left around 5 pm but Hayden. He and I had some alone time before he had to go.

He handed me the teddy bears and I snuggled them, hugging them. He chuckled, "Cute."

I smiled and he said, "I gotta go. I'll see you tommorow Princess." He kissed me gently. We kissed for a moment and he pulled away. I smiled and waved bye.

He walks out. I put my books and picture frame on the side table. I kept my teddy bears next to me. I relaxed.

Just then, a knock came. I cocked up my eyebrow and sat up. I said weak, "Come in."

The person walked on and here was Toby. Me and him talked a couple times and I slowly get use to him but I didn't trust him much still.

He smiled, "Hey you." I smiled and waved hi. He had a gift for me. He sits I'm a chair next to me. I open it and it was a charm bracelet. I smiled at it. Was beautiful, and almost like the necklace Hayden gave me. I set it I'm the side table next to the necklace.

I looked at him, "Th-Th-" I looked away and sneezed. I sniff and looks at him, "Thank you." I say.

He smiled small and said, "Poor thing. I'm sorry this happened."

I nodded and he asked, "Are you getting any better?"

I shrugged and sighs.

He sits next to my legs and he said, "Okay...I know this isn't the time. But I still need to explain. The reason why I broke up with you cause I had to. Marcus... my old drug dealer, Said he was gonna hurt the ones i love. Now... i know in high school you didn't talk to anyone hardly but you didnt know a kid named Hayden."

Wait. Hayden...?

He continued, "Hayden Haddock. He was a trouble maker but so was I. Me and him use to be best friends. You didn't know cause you hardly didn't know anyone in school. And you didn't have any classes with him. You told me that and that's what made me think when I first meet you. You didn't have a problem with anything. So that's why I started dating you. When my drug dealer and I had problems, he threatened I must do anything he says. If not, he hurts the ones I love."

I froze and I had so many things on mind.

"So I had to break up with you and he though I was with Kate Ireland. The Kate of Haydens close friend I know you have to know. So... One night, I was at at a party and someone spiked my drink. I got drunk and I saw Kate through an alley. I don't remember what I did cause I was drunk. I do remember fighting someone. And I finally heard one day I fought Hayden and his friend Luke. But after that night, I moved away and after high school, I applied to this college and I didn't expect you being here. But I heard who did burn down your college."

He knew.

"Marcus Foster did. I'm sorry about tat cause I knew you always whated to be there. But seemed like you came here. When i found out you came here, I had to explain. But Ally, please belive me. Cause that's the truth. I can't lie. Not to you. If I had to lie, it will be to Marcus. I'll let you think about it. But that's the truth and you had to know. I still love you." He said and kissed me head and also said, "Don't tell Hayden. He wouldn't belive me. But you can ask. He knew you in school but didn't want to admit it."

He walked out and i was shocked.

What I heard, I couldn't believe it. Toby told the truth. He didn't lie. If he lied, he would of flinched here and there at each sentence. But he didn't at all. He had hurt in his eyes.

I knew why Toby broke up with me, I finally heard about him telling me how Hayden, Luke and Kate use to go to my school. It was true. I hardly knew anyone at my old school but 5 people.

I don't pay attention to people. I paid attention to my studies and career.

When I heard Marcus burned down my old college, I felt sick to my stomach. There was a reason why.

I knew Marcus Foster. He was Renee's, dad's brother.

What am I gonna do?