Chapter 38: Relief

Astrid

I slowly open my eyes. Everything was a blur. I can feel I'm wearing a gown...A hospital gown.

I mumbled out, quiet and confused, "Wher-...wha-...I-..."

Next thing I hear is, "Get her to sleep. She can't be awake at this process." A woman said that. I slowly looked to my left and a needle was injected to my arm.

I slowly fallen asleep and everything goes dark. I slept.

As i slept, I dreamed.

I was in a field, running my hand softly against the tall grass. I can also feel it brushing my legs as I wore my tank top, Blue lacy long-sleeved shirt, black skirt and flats.

That's one thing I remember what happened.

I walked up a trail and I felt free and I run through it. I spotted a patch of all beautiful flowers. I can smell them in the atmosphere.

I remember smelling flowers in the park.

I walk around and I saw Toby. He smiled at me but I remembered what Hayden said about him. I try walking away but he grabbed my wrist gently. He spoke out something but I calmed down. Not to his touch. To the smell of something.

I remembered seeing Toby and him grabbing my wrist.

I slowly looked at the ground but everything goes dizzy and blurry. I first caught a glimpse at the ground before turning to Toby. I saw his facial expression. He seemed worried. Then...everything goes black. The last thing i remember are Lilles.

Oh no... why didn't I see them in the first place?

Hiccup

The night passed and it was morning around 6am. The girls and twins slept. Me, Luke and Toby sit silent and I stare at the ground.

I hear footsteps and I looked up and there was the doctor. Me and the other two stood up.

The doctor asked, "Toby?"

Toby approached a few steps and the doctor noticed and said, "Ally is a lucky girl. Be lucky you also brought her in time. She's awaken in the room on the third floor, room G45. You can go see her. She's exhausted so take it easy on her. We all had a rough night." He said.

Toby nodded, "Thank you."

The doctor nodded and walks off.

Toby looks at me, "You head on up first. We'll get the girls and twins and meet you up there."

I nodded in response. I go to the elevator and I head on up to the third floor. I leaned my back agaisnt the elevator wall and sighs with relief, "Thank god your alive Ally." I say to myself.

The doors slowly slide open and i walked out.

'Room G45. Room G45. Room G45.' I kept saying in my head. I headed to the nurses desk and I lean over, "Excuse me?" I asked and she asked, "How may I help you sir?" "I'm looking for Ally Hofferson. Room G45. Where is it?"

She points down the right hallway, "Down this hallway and to the right."

I nodded, "Thank you." I walked down the hallway and takes a right and walks down and passed down some rooms

Room G40.

Room G41.

Room G42.

Room G43.

Room G44.

Room G45. Made it.

I slowly peeked in a small cracked of a door. There laid Ally. She had her hands rested on her stomach.

I softly knock on the door and walks in. She saw me and stared like a deer hit headlights.

I slowly close the door and left a small cracked and I approached. She blinks, "Ha-Hayden?" She spoke but sounded really weak.

I sit in a chair next to her and held her hand gently, "Shhh. Don't speak. You sound bad." I had to be honest. She nodded in agreement.

I looked up and saw a dinamap. It rates her blood pressure which was a little above where it's suppose to be but she seems fine. I also saw her heart rate. It seemed normal.

I glanced down and saw electrodes on her chest and one snall one on her temple of her head. I softly stroke her forehead.

Geez! She was burning up!

"Ally... are you warm?" I asked and she nodded yes and said softly and quiet and I lean in to hear, "The nurse said my temperature was at 120° degrees when I got hear. It's slowly dropping. She was hear a few minutes ago and said it's at 114° degrees now." She said. I nodded and smooths her cheek and she asked, "Toby texted you. Didn't he?" She looks at me and I nodded.

"Don't worry Ally. He texted me and everyone and me came here when I got the text. We rushed here and he explained to me. You might wanna thank him when he gets here." I say smoothing her cheek. She nodded.

A knock came on the door and I said? "Come in." I say. Everyone came in. Cammilla walked over, "Hey you." She said and Ally smiled softly. Toby walks around to the other side of the bed, "Hey Ally." He said and stands next to her.

She looks at him and said, "Hi Toby." She said. He sighs and said, "Your lucky I got you here in time." He said and Ally nods and said, "Thank you." He nodded.

All the girls and the Twins yawn in exhaustion. Luke laughs, "Everyone off to bed now."

The girls and twins said in unison, "You don't have to tell me twice." They start to walk out but all said, "Get well soon Ally." They walked out.

Luke ran his hand over Allys head, "Get well kiddo." He said and Ally smiled small at him. He walks out and there was me and Toby left with her.

He then said, "I gotta head out. I'm gonna tell professor what happened to you and I'm gonna go work on the report due Monday."

Ally's eyes shot open and she said, "My report."

Man...she had to rest her voice.

"N-n-n-n-n-no," me and Toby said I'm unison and I said, "You miss are not doing any work cause you need to rest your ass. Your weak. You need it. Okay?" I said gently. She sighs and groans weak, "Fi-" I cut her off, "Just nod. Your voice sounds horrible." Still, I had to be honest.

She nods. Toby chuckled and patted her feet and said, "I'll see you soon. I'll cheak on you here and there. Get well." He said and walked out.

Now it's just me and her. I looked at her and said softly, "Scoot over a little." She nods and scoots over slowly. I get up and I crawl on the bed and I lay next to her. She turns a little and I rest my arm around her waist as her hand placed on my chest. I kiss her head, "Rest princess."

She slowly sleeps against me. I stroke the tips of her hair softly and kisses her head.

I'm glad she was alive.