Chapter 23: Happiness turning into tears

Astrid

As time flew by, it was amazing... I loved my classes. But it came to the end of my second semester...meaning our first set of exams. Everyone wasn't to pumped about it.

Some people would drink energy drinks to stay awake. People would go to the library and study...and people as in everyone on free periods or anytime they need to. They would even stay up during weekend s to study instead of partying... hm...That's strange.

It was stressing for all of us... especially me.

I was more stressed out due to this. I needed a day off and relax. I would usually wake up early on class days to study. I usually didn't study since I was pretty smart... cocky me but still. I was always good... I never skip classes, always do homework ever since the 1st grade. Man... I'm a goody goody.

It was Monday morning, around 5:30am and I sit with my books on my bed and my latte in my lap. The exams were in 2 days and I was studying hard.

I rub my neck and just then, Cammillas alarm goes off. Heh, she wakes up early too, to study. She sits up and gets dressed, "I need a day off." She said and I wondered, "As in?"

She looks at me and was all dressed like she's going somewhere. "Where you going?" I asked. "Out...I do need a day off from studying." She walks out and I was shocked. She never did this before. I hope. But... she left me to be on my own today.

I know Hayden would let be at school either... since he usually skips class. I sigh and I decide to dress. As soon I finish, I go back to study. I sit but someone knocks.

I groan and walks over. I open it and saw Hayden. "Hi Hic-Hayden..." He smiled, "You can call me eaither Hiccup or Hayden ya know." I nod, "I know... I'm just kinda use to call you Hayden..."

He laughs a little, "Okay then. But I came by to get you." I wondered but said, "Hayden... I cant. I'm studying for exams." 

He cocked up an eyebrow and said, "Really? You've been studying since the beginning of last week. Please?" He said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulls me closer. I groan in a funny way, "I don't feel like it..."

He begs, "Pwretty pwease?" I then cocked my eyebrow, "Is Mr. Bad Boy begging?" He nods and I see he wanted me to skip class. I sigh, "Fine... but I'm studying extra hard when I get back. And I regret skipping class...even though I never skipped class..."

"Yes!" He said holding me and closed the door behind us as we walked out. Me and him go out and skip classes for today.

I acually needed a day off. I was stressed and tired. But today I wasn't. He comforted me and helped my stressness.

We go walking around town and make jokes and he does a few pick up lines on me. They were cute and usually made me blush... heh. He's just cute like that

"Hey Ally?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me if I'm wrong... Dinosaurs do exsist...right?"

I laugh and realized and gave him a small kiss and smiled. He gave me a smile back.

We walked around and I started getting hungry. I saw the time and it's 11:58am. I looked at Hayden, "Can we go eat...I'm hungry."

He chuckles, "Sure. Where to?" He wraps an arm around me and I softly held his hand as I looked. I pointed to a little small restaurant, "There." He saw and smiled, "Okay then."

We walked on over to it and in. I looked around and it was neat. I smiled and was happy.

We go to order and as soon we ordered...my smile faded when I saw one of my ex's. Toby.

He smiled, "ASTRID?" He said shocked and he gave me that nickname. I swallowed and backed up softly.

Hayden watched and asked, "Ally...What's wrong?" I then ran out and Toby watched, "Greaat..." He said. Hayden chased me.

I ran and reached the boardwalk and kinda in tears. I try to calm down but couldnt. I cry into my hands and heard, "Ally!" I realized it's Hayden and my eyes were puffy.

He ran over and saw me into tears. He hated when I cried. He wipes them off and pulled me into a hug and I cried, "I...never thought I-I was gonna see M-my ex's again... especially T-Toby..." I cried and he hugged me tighter, "Shh... calm down." He kissed my head soft and I stay in his grasp.

I calmed down after a moment. He asks, "Can you look at me?" He said and I slowly nodded and slowly looked at him. He saw me puffy eyes and he kissed under my eyes and I calm down and I closed my eyes and opens back up after a few seconds. A tear escaped my eye and he wipes it away, "No crying now." He said and I nodded.

We walked down to the beach and I sit in the same watching the disatnce. He sits next to me, "Ally..." I heard Hayden say. I looked at him, "Yeah...?" "I'm sorry about earlier..." "it's...fine... I'm way over him... I never wanted to see him nor my other two ex's. I wa s happy one moment and the next I know, I ran out crying..." He wraps an arm around me and pulled me closer.

I stay close and I rest my head under his chin and a tear steams down my cheek softly and i cuddled close into him.

He rubs my side, comforting me and my breathing shakes but i slowly calm down.

After a moment, I slowly looked up at him and was calmed down. He caught my glance at him and he looks down on me and smiles soft. I smiled, "t-thanks." I said with a small shaky tone. He nods, "Anything for me princess."