Chapter 35: Midnight Stroll

Astrid

It was 10:40pm. I finished up reading my book and I think what I can do. I looked outside and it seemed nice out.

"How about a stroll Astrid. That makes me relaxed." I day to myself. I put on a black tank top and a blue long-sleeved lacy shirt. I put a black skirt on that was hight to my mid-thigh and puts on black flats. I braid my hair fast and puts on my glasses, grabs my phone and I walk out.

It was a nice warm night. I walked to the café and I saw Bridget. She smiled, "Hello Astrid." I smiled. I pretty much allow her to call me that. I waved, "Hey Brigdet."

She makes me my lattee. I smirked, "And I don't even need to ask?" She smiled, "Oh c'mon. I already know what you want."

I smirked again, "What if I wanted something different?" She snaps her head towards me. She fakes gasp, "Does Astrid Hofferson want something...Differnet?" We laughed and she hands me it. She smiled, "it's on the house." I looked at her, "Oh, no need. I can pay." She laughs and said, "It's on the house. I'll see you next time." I smiled and waved bye, "See ya Bridget." "Bye Ally."

I liked Bridget. She's easy to talk to and fun to hang around. She's awesome.

I walked and reached the park. I saw some couples having a nice stroll. I smiled and I walk up a path and saw some fireflies. One lands on my nose and I giggled. It flew off and I think of the firefly off of Tinkerbell and the lost treasure. Blaze. Blaze the firefly.

I liked Disney and Dreamwork movies. I don't care if it's a kids movie, I'm watching it. And I don't even consider them kids movie. A movie is a movie.

I walked up the path and I saw a guy handing out flowers. I smiled and walked over and I sniff some. He smiled, "Bonjour." [Hello].

I laughed a little, "Bonjour. Ce sont de très belles fleurs." [Hello. These are very Beautiful flowers.]

"Pourquoi vous remercier." [Why thank you.] He replied smiling. " Souhaitez-vous une?" [Would you like one?]

I smiled and shakes my head no, "Non merci." [No thank you.] I then wave bye, "Au Revoir. Agréable de vous parler." [Goodbye. Nice to talk to you.]

"Au Revoir." [Goodbye.]

I smiled walking. I loved talking in French. The love language. Heh.

I reached a small hill that had benches and a nice view of the city and stars. I sit on a bench and I relaxed sitting there.

I set my lattee between my knees to hold it and I pull up a book on my phone and reads The Gathering.

This book is a type of mystery. I liked mystery books. They fascinated me.

As i read, I heard a couple fighting. They sounded like my age...and familiar. I locked my phone and picks up my lattee. I walked to another bench and I sit and read. I drink my lattee and the girl runs off crying. I put my cup down and swallows.

'Hm... I wonder what that was about.' I wondered. I continued reading when someone said my name, "Ally?"

I recognized that voice. Toby.

I froze and I don't say a word. He approched and I can see him in the corner of my eye and I immediately stood up and walks away.

"Ally...Really?" He said and kept walking behind me. I ignored him like Hayden would want me too. I kept walk fast and he grabs my arm. I squeal scared and I try getting out of his grasp. "LET ME GO." I say and I held my phone and latee.

"You have to let me explain." He says trying to get me still. I squirmed and I felt immediately light headed. I start to calm down and heard him say, "There we go. I need you to calm down so I can explain." He said and every in starts getting dizzy.

I caught a glimpse of him and he asked, "Ally?"

I could only mumble out a few words, "Wh-...I-..."

Everything goes black.