Chapter 29: Goodbyes

Astrid

We wondered around town and we do some shopping together. We spent most time shopping and we head on back to my place.

It only felt like 30 minutes of shopping when it was really 2 hours of shopping. We reach inside of my place and we settle in.

We spend the rest of our time talking and telling about how we've been doing, our next vacation and some funny stuff.

It was 9:30pm and Renee had to leave to get to the airport.

I carry her shopping bag as she grabbed her suitcase and we walked to my car. We packed her things in their and drove her off to the airport.

We listen to the radio and a song came on. We both stopped listening go what our surroundings were and listens to the song. Gift of a friend along with the song by Demi Lovato. It plays;

"Sometimes you think you'll be fine by yourself. Cause a dream is a wish that you make all alone. It's easy to feel like you don't need help. But it's harder to walk on your own

"You'll change inside
When you realize

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty you are
When you open your heart
And believe in
The gift of a friend

Someone who knows when you're lost and you're scared. There through the highs and the lows. Someone to count on, someone who cares. Beside you wherever you go

You'll change inside
When you realize

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty you are
When you open your heart
And believe in
The gift of a friend

When your hope crashes down. Shattering to the ground. You, you feel all alone. When you don't know which way to go. There's no signs leading you home. You're not alone.

The world comes to life
And everything's bright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend
By your side
That helps you to find
The beauty you are
When you open your heart
And believe in
When you believe in
When you believe in
The gift of a friend."

As it finishes, I parked in the parking lot and I stopped the car. We looked at each other and smiled small. I get out a tablet on the glove box and I open to a clean page. Renee asks, "Can I see a piece of paper please?" I smiled and nods. I hand her a piece and I hand her a pen. I get a pen and I wrote in private and wrote, "Your my Gift. Gift of  a friend. You. You is all I can ever ask for. Your my gift. ~Love Ally"

Renee finishes and we both fold the paper up one time, two times, three times, then a final time. They were both in small squares and I get the tape out of the glove box. I gave Renee a piece and I get myself one and we tape up when it can't open. I right on the frount, "Renee". I looked at her and she wrote on the frount, "Ally."

We traded and I smiled and she gave me a smile back.

We get her things and we walk inside to the airport. I put my note from her in my back pocket and she puts her note from me in her pocket. We reach her line to her plane. She smiles and looks at me.

"Ally...?"

"Yeah."

"Stay strong, Okay?"

I nod and we hug each other goodbye. Man, I was gonna miss her...Alot. we hug for a good 2 minutes and we let go.

We smiled and I say, "Fine open your note till you get on the plane." She nods and said, "Don't open yours till you get in your car." I nod.

She looks back and looks at me again and said, "I gotta go." I nod and said, "I'll see you next time."

She smiled, "Goodbye Ally. Farwells." She gets her things and walks off into her line, handing her ticket and walks off into the crowd.

I stand and smiled and said, "Bye Renee..." I whispered and I walk to my car.

I hopped into my car and I didn't start it. I get out my note and I rip open the tape. I unfold it and it reads, "Your my Gift. Gift of  a friend. You. You is all I can ever ask for. Your my gift. ~Love Renee"

I smiled and I laughed and covers my mouth and tears fell but not of sadness, because of happiness. But it also looks like we do think alike still.

She is right, She's the only gift I need. Maybe 2 along with Hayden. Heh.

I wonder what she'll think of what I wrote...

Renee

I get my bags into the holder above my seat and I sit next to a window. I get out the note from Ally and I get the tape off and I unfold the note. I breathe and reads, "Your my Gift. Gift of  a friend. You. You is all I can ever ask for. Your my gift. ~Love Ally"

I froze and I smiled shaking my head and a tear fell. I wipe my eye and I refold the not neatly and puts it in my pocket.

She's the only thing I ask for, A gift of a friend. I want it to last forever.