Chapter 28: Poetry

Note: These poets I do not own. I give credit over the internet. www.familyfriendpoems.com

Astrid

As the break goes by, me and Renee make hood memories so we can enjoy our last moment together before she heads back to her college.

We kept on going to the carnival ever few days, since we could never got tired of going there, spent time in the cafè, and have our regular fun moments.

But that came to an end, for now.

Is was the day Renee. I was helping her pack up and was set to go. She only had 4 hours to go catch her plane. We decided to go to a poetry reading we heard of today.

We always loved poetry. We made some over our middle school year when a poetry contest came. We were fascinated by it more likely.

I always remember when I was little, I started getting into writing small sayings and turning them into poetry.

I can't even think of the first poet I read... cause I have so much poetry on my mind...dang it. Heh... well, acually, I think the first one I ever read was "Throughout the Years." I have all the lines in my head;

"You helped me laugh,

you dried my tears,

because of you, I have no fears.

Together we live,

together we grow,

teaching each other what we must know.

You came in my life and I was blessed,

I love you friend,

you are the best.

Release my hand and say good-bye,

please my friend don't you cry.

I promise you this it's not the end,

'cause like I said, You're my friend."

I will never forget that poet...but never knew who it was from. I wonder who its from though but it us gonna drive me crazy.

It was 6pm and Renee had to catch her plane at 10pm. I was thinking of what the poets people will be saying.

I did make arrangements with the owner of the poetry place, "Poet Palace" and asked for a segemt. I asked for the segmet, "Goodbye to friends". Luckily that segmet was tonight.

I was lucky and me and Renee were something a little cozy since it was a little chilly outside. Me her go on and twin out. We both wore black sweaters with matching grey scarves, skinny blue jeans and our Bear paw boots along with grey bureaus.

We smiled at each other and head on out to Poet Palace. As we walked, I looked around and it was a beautiful sunset and people dressed nice and little cozy. A small chill was passing through the night. It felt nice. It reminded me where I use to live with Renee.

Memories.

We walked on inside and we purchased some tea. I get some peach tea along with Renee getting ice tea.

We take our seats and the poetry  reading was gonna begin and 10 minutes. Everyone around us was talking peacefully and i looked at Renee. She was playing with her bracelet i gave her 5 years ago.

It was a charm with a small decoration hanging below her wrist. It was 2 friends holding hands and in glass. The bracelet had 4 small diamonds around it. That was an expensive gift. But she gave me the same gift the exact day i gave hers. Ne and her had the sane bracelet and we never thought we could think alike...or buy each other expensive gifts. But a small difference was hers was a green-ish color...along mine being a blue-ish color. I smiled, watching her and i looked at mine and I never forgot the day we gave each other these gifts. Along with the gifts was a poet I saw one day before I was gonna give her the bracelet. It was perfect.

The poetry reading begun.

The first person was up and she spoke.

"Hello everyone. My name is Alice. I'm dedicating this poet to a friend of mine I wrote 2 years ago before the last time I saw her. It's called 'Goodbye.' So here it goes."

I smiled and she spoke;

"Saying goodbye to a friend

Is like stabbing yourself in the heart

And twisting the knife repeatedly

To almost tear it apart

Letting a friend leave

Is like walking over bits of glass

Knowing that life has

Reached its ultimate impasse

This is how I’ll feel

When you make your exit

I will miss you from the innards

Of my every living bit

Goodbye."

Everyone clapped and I smiled clapping. Renee smiled and looked at me and I looked at her.

"Ally..." She whispered.

"Hm?" I looked at her.

"The segment...What is it about?" She asked quiet. I swallowed and I saw the next person coming. "Uhm, I'll tell you later when it's over."

I whispered and the next person hopped on up to the seat and speaks. "Hey guys. My name is Tobalaney. I'm dedicated to one friend in the crowd. She's leaving soon and I wrote this to make sure she understands. " Some people chuckled and I smiled. She smiled and said, "It's called, "Don't forget me."

She begun;

"As soon as you get there,

Don’t forget to call.

If you can’t find a payphone,

Post on my Facebook wall.

Don’t hurry yourself,

Relax and take some rest.

But once you are up and about,

Put up some pictures on Pinterest.

Tag me in a few tweets,

If you’ve got Wi-Fi.

Have a great time traveling,

My friend… Goodbye.

But one more thing,

Don't forget me."

People clapped and then Renee stands up and walks on out and I followed her. She stands outside with arms crossed, smiling. I see and swallows.

"Ally?" She asks soft. I looked at her, "Yeah?" "Okay... Tell me what the segment is?"

I looked at me feet and said, "Goodbye to Friends." I say quiet. She laughs a little and said, "Ally... Are you trying to make the last few hours emotional?" She laughs a little and I shrugged. She pulled me into a hug and I hug her tight back.

"I...We..." I say but I just didn't know what to say. I heard her chuckle and say, "You know I can't make these last few hours emotionally sad. I want them to be happy...and fun." She looks at me smiling and I smiled and said, "I know." She smiled and said, "Let's get out of here and have some fun. I would listen to the poetry but I can't allow it to be emotional...Okay?" we smiled and laughed and I replied, "Okay."

We run off together.