Chapter 55: 1 minute sober, the next not

Hiccup

I growl, "Hell, I think I will go through more pain than you! I'm trying to protect the one that might not get hurt at all! You think you can't feel the pain. Be us and see how it feels."

She glared, "What? Your now turning onto their side. Pathetic. That's real nice." She clutched up her fists. Tears going down her red cheeks filled with anger.

Astrids words were going all through all my head.

I shake my head and I walked out, slamming the door shut.

I clutched up my fists and walked fast out of here but I saw Cammie and she blocked my way.

"Hayden, are you okay? What happened?" She asked, worried.

I blink and I loosened up a bit and kept on walking and out of the building.

I sat on the steps of the building, my hands going over my face and through my hair.

I rested my elbows on my knees as my hands grabbed a fistful of my hair. I breathe a little hard but calmed down after a while.

"Hayden?" I hear someone ask. I looked behind me and saw Luke and the twins standing there.

I gave a nod to them meaning "Hey". I sit in silence. Luke sighs, "Hayden, I think you were a bit harsh back there."

I laugh historically, standing up, "She started all this! She slapped him, talked back, caused us pain to protect her ass! I was sharing what was on my mind." I exclaimed.

Luke screamed, making me shut up, "Calm your ass down!" He sighs, "How about we go to the bar, and we can talk over our drink." He said and it wasn't a question, he was making me.

The twins were silent as ever as we walked. I cocked up an eyebrow, "You two are awfully quiet. Something up?"

They shake there heads and Luke snickers, "Oh, they can talk but they choose not to."

I rolled my eyes, smiling, "What did you do Luke?" He snickered.

"Oh boys," He said in a singing voice a little,  "Smile."

I turn to them, walking backwards and they rolled their eyes but then smiled, seeing two sets of each of them, blue.

I laughed and so did Luke.

We reached the bar and we get in, with our fake I.D's, Drew gave us. We can pass for 21, not just by I.D's. But for how we look. Interesting how that works.

We sit at the counter and I cleared my throat, catching the bartenders attention. He grinned, "Hayden. I haven't seen you for a couple weeks."

I chuckled, "Hey Bryan. Yeah. Just... Busy. I guess. But can you give us four a beer?"

Bryan, he was a good friend of ours. And someone to help me out with my troubles. My family but I haven't seen my mom. Never did and I hight doubt never will. My dad. He, he gave in on me and lying. Yes, being a son of a wealthy rich man but it isn't worth it.

Good thing Bryan was there. He's a good pal.

"Sure." He sent a smile and grabbed a beer and slide one down to Justin, then Dustin, then Luke and me. I smiled, "Thanks."

I started drinking, tasting the burning sensation in my throat. God, I havent had deer in a while now. It tasted good. It relaxed me, erasing bad thoughts and just relaxation.

"Let's try to stay sober for tonight? If not, we have a lot of explanation to do to the girls." Luke said and I smirked.

"I'll try. No promises." I said in a singing voice and chugs the bottle of the alcohol.