6

The rest of the week had flown by, leaving Sutton relieved

The rest of the week had flown by, leaving Sutton relieved. Now that it was the weekend, and now Christmas break, she could finally be at peace, hoping the next few weeks would be less drama than the last.

Sutton sat in her room, wrapping Owen's Christmas present, ready to give it to him. Owen has to go to LA in a few days for his audition and wouldn't be able to see her on Christmas, which she was bummed about. The two have spent every christmas together since they were 5 and this was the first once they'd spend apart.

She wanted to do everything she could to make sure she was okay while he was gone. Sutton had gotten him some new drum sticks, since she knew he was auditioning for the drummer of said show. She still wasn't completely sure what the show was about, Owen only giving her minor details.

After wrapping the present, she made her way to her car and over to Owen's house. Like we've seen before, Owen's house is only a 5 minute drive from Sutton. So she was there as fast as you could blink. She got out of her car, made her way into the house and up to his room.

"Jesus, Sutton," The blonde jumped. "You scared the shit out of me,"

Sutton laughed and sat on his bed. "Since we won't be able to see each other on Christmas, I thought i'd give you your present now," She said handing him the gift box.

Owen looked at it, confused as to what she could've possibly gotten him. Every year, instead of doing serious gifts, they would normally do one as a joke and one serious. But this year, Sutton decided to only give him a serious one, since he needed it.

He eyed the box, as if he was scared to open it. He started to tear the wrapping paper to find another box, still as confused. Once he opened the box, his eyes went wide.

"Sutton, you didn't," He said lifting the sticks out of the box.

She smiled and nodded. "I knew you needed some new ones for your audition, so i thought i'd get you some,"

Owen smiled as wide as he could and took the girl into his arms, engulfing her in a bone-crushing hug.

"Owen. cant. breathe. let. go," She said in between breaths as Owen let go.

"Sutton, i could kiss you right now. Thank you," He said making her blush. "Now, here's yours,"

He handed her a big box. She looked at it as confused as Owen looked at his. She continued to take the wrapping paper and open the box.

"You got me three big ass cans of ketchup??" She asked laughing at him.

"I didn't know we were doing serious gifts!!" He defended himself.

"Looks like i'll be eating ketchup for years now," She said laughing.

@suttonmercer just posted a photo!

liked by morgansmith and 200 otherssuttonmercer: i got owen new drum sticks and he had the nerve to get me ketchup😳😳🥴tagged: owenjoyner———————————-@owenjoyner: in my defense i didn't know we were doing serious gifts     -> @morgansmith: you rea...

suttonmercer: i got owen new drum sticks and he had the nerve to get me ketchup😳😳🥴
tagged: owenjoyner
———————————-
@owenjoyner: in my defense i didn't know we were doing serious gifts
-> @morgansmith: you really outdid yourself bud
-> @owenjoyner: see someone appreciates my gift

@morgansmith: how do you look so cute with ketchup tho?🥺

-

little filler chapter :)