23

"I say, you let me switch schools," Sutton said as her and her mother ate dinner.

"Ha! Really funny Sutton,"

"I'm serious mom,"

"No honey, you're gonna face your problems and stay at your school," She said looking at the girl.

Sutton huffed and continued to eat her dinner. It had only been a few hours of her two-day suspension, but man did it feel like a year already. She was so over all the bullshit Rebecca has caused her and she couldn't believe she brought Owen into it.

"I'm gonna go into the music room for a little bit," Sutton said as she washed her dinner plate.

She put her plate away and made her way towards the music room. It was the same way they had left it when her father died, even when she went in there a few weeks ago, the same.

She slowly sat down at the piano and grabbed her notebook. This would be an awesome opportunity to write a song, right? She began to play some notes to figure out which ones would sound the best and that's when the music just came flowing out of her.

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house
But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

Sure she's had her license for awhile, but that didn't matter, it was gonna be apart of her song. Owen and Sutton had talked about their driver's license for so long and when they finally got them, they were over the moon. Sutton was finally able to drive to Owen's house for movie nights, but still insisted he picked her up for school.

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much prettier than me
She's everything I'm insecure about
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

Tears started to fill her eyes but that wasn't stopping her from continuing her song.

And I know we weren't perfect, but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

Sutton continued to sing, thinking back of the time Owen wrote her a song, making her cry even harder. When they first started dating, while Owen was in LA, he wrote her a song to tell her how much he loved her. She sat there, stumped, how could he do this to her?