37

As Sutton arrived in front of her house, she realized how much she missed Oklahoma

As Sutton arrived in front of her house, she realized how much she missed Oklahoma. Sure there was nothing to do, but it was home. She spent all of her childhood in Norman, so when she went to Canada it was definitely different.

She slowly stepped out of the cab, grabbing her suitcase, and stood staring at her house as the car drove away. The white house in front of her honestly didn't feel like home anymore. She thought back to her time in Canada and realized Charlie was her home.

She sighed and began up the pathway to her house before opening the door slightly. She saw her mother sitting at the kitchen table with her head in her hands, obviously crying. She moved closer to her mother to hear what she was saying but also so she wasn't seen by the woman.

"I know, Dr. Gary. Chemo starts tomorrow, i'll be there," Mrs. Mercer said as Sutton's eyes went wide.

"Chemo?" She asked coming into view of her mother.

"Sutton?" She asked confused. "What are you doing here?"

"Why are you having chemo?" She asked blandly.

"I think you need to sit down sweetie," Her mother said patting the chair in front of her.

"Mom, what is going on?" Sutton asked as she sat down.

"A few months ago I was feeling really bad, so I went to the doctor. They did some tests and I have stage four Lung cancer. They're hoping chemo works some and if it doesn't, I have to be out on hospice," She said as the girl in front of her started to cry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked quietly.

"You were living your dream in Canada. I couldn't have ruined that for you," She said grabbing Sutton's hands.

"That wouldn't have ruined anything! You're my mother! I should know when you're dying!" She yelled and stormed up to her room, leaving her mother at the table confused.

Sutton ran to her room, slamming the door behind her. She slumped onto the bed and began to cry. The thought of losing her mother absolutely killed her inside. She was all she had left after her father died, she couldn't bear to lose her too. A small knock was heard on the door when Mrs. Mercer walked into the room. She laid next to Sutton and brought the covers up over her face.

"You know I wanted to tell you, Sutton," She said turning to look at the girl.

"But, you didn't," She said in between sniffles.

"And make you come home when you were recording your album? When you were living your dream out there in Canada? I couldn't have done that to you, I would've hated myself," She said as the two came up from under the covers.

"I can't lose you. I wasn't the same after dad, you know that,"

"I know honey. But we just have to pray chemo works and I get better. Just don't worry about me right now," She said stroking the girls hair.

"You know I worry about you, there's no way I couldn't," Sutton said looking at her mother.

"I know, but this time is the only time you don't have to. We can leave it to the doctors to make me better," She said. "Now, I want you to tell me about Canada and Charlie,"

"Morgan!" Sutton yelled as she brought Morgan in for a hug.

"Oh my God, I missed you so much," Morgan exclaimed as they broke away from the hug.

"It feels like years since I've seen you," Sutton chuckled as Morgan nodded her head.

"I know, youre the one who decided to stay in Canada," Morgan said as Sutton hit her arm.

"Hey! I had a good reason," She said causing Morgan to laugh.

"Yeah, dick," She said, making Sutton's eyes go wide.

"Morgan!"

"You don't think I know you and Charlie did the deed? You guys basically lived together," She said making Sutton blush.

"Okay we did," She gave in.

"How was it?" She pestered. "Better than Owen?"

Sutton choked on her water as soon as Morgan asked the question.

"Yes," She said blankly.

"Yes? That's all I get? No details?"

"Morgan, I am not telling you about my sex life with Charlie," She laughed, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"But like, how good was it?" She asked, not wanting to change the subject.

"Fine! It was amazing, definitely better than Owen,"

"I knew it!" Morgan laughed as they continued to eat their lunch.

The two girls ate and talked for what seemed like forever, catching up on everything they missed over the past 8 months. It felt good to be home, but Sutton was definitely missing Charlie.

-
little filler chapter bc im honestly stuck on what to write

if you guys have any ideas please comment bc im lost

I know where i wanna go with this story i just don't know how to lead up to it

i love y'all!!