7

It was finally the day Owen left for LA and Sutton was trying to calm herself down. It's not that she couldn't go a week without him, it's that she didn't know what Rebecca was gonna do while he was gone. Plus he wouldn't get back until the week after they got back into school. She was scared to go to school without him by her side, but she knew she had to do it for him.

"Sutton, you gotta let go of me now," Owen said as they hugged outside his gate. "My plane is boarding now,"

She sighed and let go of the boy. He grabbed his bag and gave her a small kiss on her head.

"I'll be back in a few weeks. You'll be okay, I promise," He said with his hands on her shoulders.

The two hugged one last time before Owen made his way onto the plane. Sutton waved to him as he walked away, her stomach dropping. I really have to go 3 weeks without him. She thought to herself. And it didn't help that he had to leave the week before Christmas.

Sutton walked out of the airport and towards her car, ready to prepare herself for these long weeks. As she drove to her house, she sang every song that came onto the radio, like she and Owen did every day to school. She thought she would try and make light of him leaving and pretend he was still there.

Her car rolled into her driveway, revealing 3 more cars in front of hers. She had every family member at her house this week and she knew it was going to be hectic. She sighed and got out of the war, making her way into the loud house.

"Sutton!" Her 7-year-old cousin Abby said as she hugged the girl.

"Hi, my Abby girl," Sutton lifted the girl up, twirling her, making Abby laugh.

The two girls sat on the couch as they watched one of Abby's favorite shows, Knight Squad. It was funny to Sutton since Owen was in it and Abby knew. Abby had the biggest crush on Owen and boy does he feed into it. When Sutton told Abby he wasn't gonna be home for Christmas, she straight up cried.

"Do you only watch this so you can see Owen?" Sutton asked the girl.

"Definitely not, the storyline is good," She said which made Sutton laugh.

"I didn't know Owen was the storyline," Sutton said as she joked with the girl.

As the day proceeded, Sutton helped her mother with Christmas Eve dinner. Every year, the family would have a big feast since there were so many of them. With Owen in LA, Mrs. Sutton had one less mouth to feed, even though it was still going to be a lot of food.

The mercer women stood in the kitchen as the rest of the family conversed in the living room. She loved having all her family together since it made her forget about her terrible school life. It had now been 4 days without Rebecca saying a single word to her and was finally thinking it was over. That is until a text message popped up on her phone.

'Don't think just because I haven't said anything recently doesn't mean you're still not ugly and fat
kisses'

Her heart dropped at the message and she quickly excused herself to her room. She sat on her bed as the tears filled her eyes. She tried to call Owen but there was no use, it went straight to voicemail. With him gone, she didn't know what to do. She quickly texted her mother saying she didn't feel well and she wouldn't be eating dinner.  Sutton made herself comfortable on her bed and the tears escaped her eyes, turning her blue eyes into an ocean.

For most of her life, Sutton had always known who she was and what she wanted. She knew she wanted to be a labor and delivery nurse, it fascinated her so much. But, she wasn't sure how she was gonna get there since Rebecca is always bringing her down. She's gotten behind on schoolwork because of Rebecca before and she didn't want it to happen again. She needed to make it to graduation and college.

No matter what it took.