33

Sutton rolled over in her bed and flopped her body onto Charlie's

Sutton rolled over in her bed and flopped her body onto Charlie's. They had been better than ever these past few weeks and she was so genuinely happy. Charlie had been filming nonstop, but she didn't mind. He was living his dream and she was so beyond proud of him.

She had been working on her new album for the past two weeks, making sure everything was perfect for it to come out. Though it didn't come out for another 4 months, she wanted everything to be amazing. Charlie even helped her write a few of the songs. The pair worked fo well together and they were practically the same person.

"Good morning my queen," Charlie said as his eyes fluttered.

"Good morning weirdo," She giggled and kissed his lips.

"Have I told you how much I love you lately?" He asked.

"No, not recently," She smiled, knowing he says it almost every minute.

"Well, I love you," He said kissing her head.

"And I love you,"

The two continued to stare at the ceiling as they made their small talk of the morning. Charlie didn't have to on set for a few hours so they spent the next few hours together, cuddling, their favorite thing to do.

"Do you really have to go?" Sutton said as Charlie got up to shower.

"I gotta be on set soon, babe,"

"But you're leaving me," She whined.

"You can always come with, Kenny loves having you on set," He said looking at her. "Plus today's your off day,"

"Hm, only Kenny loves having me on set?" She smiled.

"And me of course," He said kissing her lips. "but also Madison. and Savannah. and Jadah. They all love you honestly,"

"I'm glad honestly. They're like a family to me," She smiled again.

"Good, because we're family now too,"

"Charlie, don't say that. It sounds like your insinuating incest between us," She said fake gaging.

"Oh my God, you know what I mean," He chuckled. "You're my home away from home, you're the only person I'll ever need. Well, besides my mom but you get the point,"

"Charlie being sweet? What happened to you bullying me all the time?" She said gasping and clenching her hand on her heart.

"I'm sweet all the time, now I gotta go shower or we'll be late. So, get dressed," He said as he walked to the bathroom.

Sutton slowly got up, just wanting to stay in bed forever. She walked over to her closet, grabbing the nearest article of clothing she could find and began to get dressed. After she got dressed, she walked into the bathroom as Charlie still showered and brushed her teeth.

"Don't forget to wash your hair!" She yelled at him.

"I forgot one time!"

The girl chuckled at him and continued to brush her teeth. He slowly got out of the shower as Sutton stared at him. The way the water rolled down his torso made her mouth water.

"Hey, babe. My eyes are up here," He said looking at her through the mirror.

She felt her cheeks heat up and quickly ran out of the bathroom, chuckling, before throwing a towel at him. She sat on her bed and scrolled through Instagram while she waited on Charlie to leave the bathroom.

"Charlie, we're gonna be late," She yelled at him.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," He said as he walked out of the bathroom.

The two grabbed their things and made their way downstairs to Charlie's car. Their usual car ride jams were interrupted when a familiar voice came through the car radio.

"Charlie," She said looking intensely at the radio.

"Is that?" He asked.

"IS THAT MY SONG?" She practically screamed.

This was the first time Driver's License was on the radio and it honestly freaked her out. Charlie cranked the radio up as they listened to her voice. He was in awe of how talented she was. Sutton quickly grabbed her phone out and called Katie.

"Katie! IM ON THE RADIO!" She yelled into the phone.

"I know! I'm listening to it right now, I'm so proud of you!" She said.

"Thank you!" She said before hanging up the phone and calling her mom.

She told her mom about the radio and she almost fell out over how excited she was. Mrs. Mercer had definitely been missing her daughter dearly but was so proud of how far she has come. The last person she called before they got to set was Morgan, who basically blew her eardrum out from screaming so much. Charlie pulled into the parking lot as Sutton hung up the phone with Morgan.

"You know, I'm so proud of you," He said smiling at her.

"And I'm so proud of you," She said as their lips met.

The two got out of the car and walked on set, hand in hand. They were greeted by a smiling Madison who couldn't contain her joy. She brought Sutton in for a hug, almost crushing her windpipe.

"I HEARD YOU ON THE RADIO!" She yelled in Sutton's ear.

"I'm not gonna be able to hear after today," She chuckled.

"Sutton and I were freaking out on the ride over," Charlie said as he put his arm around her waist.

"Ah, Sutton! Just the person I was looking for," Kenny said walking up to the group.

"Looking for me?" She asked confused.

"Charlie told me you're an amazing songwriter and I would love to have you write a song for the show!" He said as Sutton's mouth dropped.

"Me? Write a song for the show? Are you serious?" She asked shocked.

"Yep! He told me you might even have a song already prepared," He said winking at Charlie.

"In what context is the song used?" She asks.

"Julie finds a song written by her mom and realizes she needs to keep playing music. Kind of a coming of age type song," He said.

"Then I have the perfect one for you,"

Wake up.