40

ONE YEAR LATER

ONE YEAR LATER

"Sutton, we're going to be late!" Morgan yelled after the girl.

"Coming, coming!" She yelled back as she hopped to put her shoe on. "Where are we going again?"

"We're going to dinner, I have a surprise for you," She said as the two got into Morgan's car.

"You know I don't like surprises," Sutton sighed.

"But you'll like this one," Morgan smiled to herself.

"Morgan," Sutton said looking at the girl.

"What's up?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the road.

"I miss Charlie," She said looking out the window. "It's been like 5 months since I last saw him, I'm going crazy,"

"I'm sure you'll see each other soon," She smirked to herself, confusing the girl in her passenger seat.

Sutton continued to look out the window, confused as to why her best friend was acting weird. Morgan had planned a dinner for her and she still didn't know what this "surprise" was. Sutton honestly wasn't a big fan of surprises, she liked knowing everything.

The two arrived at the restaurant, Morgan getting out of the car perkier than she already was. Sutton trudged behind her, confused why the girl was acting strangely. They were escorted to a table by the hostess. She brought them to a table with three chairs which made Sutton confused, it was just them two.

"I think she brought us to the wrong table," Sutton said, reluctant to sit down.

"No this is the right table," Morgan smiled as she sat down.

Sutton looked at Morgan even more confused but sat down. She proceeded to look at the menu when she felt a pair of hands over her hair which made her heart rate go up.

"What's going on?" She asked as the person's hands were still over her eyes.

"Keep your eyes closed," Morgan said as the person lifted their hands.

Sutton kept her eyes closed as she heard shuffling from behind her.

"Okay, open your eyes and turn around," Morgan said.