Capitulo 21

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

It's now the Fourth of July and Beckham and I have opted to spend the holiday, together yet separate. Basically he's going to hit up some parties, I'm going to Ms. April's family barbecue and come nightfall we shall make each other's acquaintance and attend his family's bash together. It's imperative we make an appearance as the newest minted Crown Jewels of the De Loughrey empire. I don't even celebrate the holiday it's just 'Black people barbecue day' but one thing about Xiomara, she's going to throw a damn party.

Gia is going to tag along with me to the barbecue, she think she's slick. She's coming to thirst after Ms. April's sons; Miles and Christian (as if she doesn't have a boyfriend, but I can't judge). I have no clue which one is older but they're both fine as hell. Ms. April did her thing with them. I can say that since I'm not really related to them. Plus Miles in married, as well as father to the twins, Micah, and the cutest little baby named Milani. There's going to be other people there as well, extended family, etc. I've met the majority of them over these past few years but I don't see them often enough to bother with remembering exactly who they are. I see her sons and the grandkids for all major family holidays and whenever they get tired of their kids.

But before all of the festivities ensue there's something that I need to handle...

I knocked on the door of Malakai's loft it swinging open almost immediately. Except it was not Malakai who answered. Well, this is awkward.

The young woman standing in front of me is certainly not his child's mother considering his daughter is blasian, and she's Black. She seems more-so confused by my presence rather than angry so they're definitely not sleeping together.

I cleared my throat, picking at the tips of my nails boredly. I guess it's up to me to speak first. "Is Malakai here?"

"He's here." She nodded her head, yet refused to open the door wide enough for me to enter. Now, I'm becoming irritated. Girl I'm just trying to get some head and leave now she's making it difficult.

"Okay, you know what I can come back later.." I rolled my eyes, turning away from the door.

"Lennox?" I could hear Kai's voice and briefly glanced over my shoulder. "Why didn't you let her in?!" Malakai addressed the mystery woman with an attitude, smacking his lips before he quite literally shoved her out of the way.

Ohhhh... It makes sense now. They're siblings. He tried to tell me about his siblings but I didn't care to listen because I don't care to meet them. Yet, here are. Unfortunately.

I couldn't help but smirk as I strutted into Malakai's apartment. "Sorry about that, she's an asshole. She's also leaving. I just need to finish getting Amihan ready." I assume Amihan is his daughter, that's a pretty name.