Capitulo 52

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"You didn't need to pick me up from school. I'm not a child." I sighed softly, carrying Knox into Beckham's office.  

He came into work late today so I would have a chance to go on-campus and finish up my exams. He was at home with Knox while I was at school. It was a bit more challenging than I expected to say the least. Not the exams, but being on-campus.

"Gia called me because the paparazzi showed up after you got out of class. She was right to call me. You should have." Beckham responded taking a seat at his desk.

"You know why I didn't call.." I sighed softly sitting down with Knox on the couch. My phone was shattered as I was trying to flee the group of vultures that showed up to my university. I'm probably gonna end up on academic probation because of this. While it wasn't my fault, it caused a huge spectacle and was extremely distracting for students. And overall unbecoming of a prestigious college campus.

This has become so much more than what I signed up for..

"I'm not upset Len, I'm just trying to keep you safe." Beck clarified running a hand through his hair. "Come here." He mumbled beckoning me over with two fingers.

I walked over to him carrying Knox with me and he immediately pulled me down on to his lap. "The two of you and Jayce are my entire world. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something ever happened to you." He kissed my forehead tickling Knox's belly who erupted into a fit of giggles.

It would be petty of me to remind him of all the things that have happened to me. They weren't exactly his fault so I won't hold them against him, it is just a bit ironic for him to make such a statement.

"I know Bubs. You were concerned, I understand." I nodded kissing his cheek. Beckham has always been over-protective and as of lately, he's even more so.

"Ahh!" Knox squealed blowing bubbles with his spit.

That's kind of disgusting, I frowned handing the drooling infant to Beckham. This is exactly why he has two parents. I don't have the bandwidth for that.

"You're studying to be a doctor but you get grossed out by bodily fluids?" Beckham scrunched his nose up. "Really Lennox?"

"I want to be a medical oncologist, not a clinical one." I paused remembering he may not even understand the difference of those terms. "I plan on specializing in cancer treatment research rather than diagnosing and treating patients. The only time I'd interact with the public outside of medical school/residency is if I ever ran a clinical trial one day." I explained watching as Knox attempted to chew, well gnaw on Beckham's nose.

He's not old enough to be teething yet, I don't know what the hell he's doing.  This may be the start of that phase where he thinks everything belongs in his mouth. I tilted my head to the side trying to make sense of the scene in front of me. These are obviously Beckham's genes at work.