Capitulo 54

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"So have you set a date for the wedding yet?" A friend of Beckham's parents inquired. "You know, the sooner the better!"

I damn near choked on the champagne I had been sipping from. I tried my absolute best not to glare at the far too eager blonde woman standing in front of me. I don't know even know her. So for her to be unwarrantedly giving any sort of input as it pertains to my wedding is not only irritating but wholly uncalled for. Unfortunately, this is what it has been like the majority of the night.

The obscenely large room only began to feel smaller and smaller the longer the night progressed. I could feel my anxiety building but knew better than to behave in a manner that would elicit any level of concern. Instead, I swallowed hard. Taking another sizable sip of my champagne hoping the alcohol would ease my nerves.

"We're still deciding." I smiled through my clenched teeth, with a nod of my head. "Would you excuse me please? I should go check on Jayce." I whispered the last part in Beckham's ear, not waiting for a response before heading off to find Brandt. Since Jayce-Lynn will no doubt be wherever he is, he is her favorite uncle after all.

I made my way across the crowded room, to find Brandt sitting at one of the many tables with Xiomara and his parents. Just as I was headed over to them something caught my eye from across the room, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. Malakai, his babymother and his aunt and even his daughter had just walked into the room. I assume Ms. April or someone else from the Williams family invited them because I sure as hell didn't. This is ghetto as fuck.

I quickly ducked over to the De Loughrey table before he could spot me. That's the last fucking thing I need to be dealing with tonight.

"Heyy Bug, are you having fun?" I questioned coming up beside the table.

"No.. Not really, can we go home now?" The five year old pouted, taking a bite of a piece of garlic bread.

Engagement parties aren't the most kid friendly events. I understand her frustration. "Not yet, but soon." I bent down gently kissing her forehead. "Your cousins are here now. Why don't you and Uncle Brandt go find them so you all can play, yeah?"

"Len?" I turned around at the sound of my name to find my favorite and only nephew holding Knox. Specifically holding him at an arms length away with his face scrunched up. "He's wet."

"Boy!" I couldn't help but roll my eyes letting out a small laugh, "You have a one year old little sister. You know how to change a diaper. Give me my baby." I finally conceded holding my arms out for Knox.

"There's my sweet boy." I grinned kissing his cheek, the infant squealed happily in response. I took the diaper bag from Micah, announcing that I would be back after changing the baby.

I sling the diaper bag over my shoulder, cradling Knox in my arms. Quickly making my way to the bathroom not wanting any nosey media correspondents trying to get in a photo-op.  I make quick work of changing Knox's diaper in the bathroom. I left him strapped into the changing table as I washed my hands, and it was at this very time that the bathroom door swung open revealing none other than fucking Malakai.