Capitulo 63

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"Umm... excuse me?" I heard a voice behind me as I walked out of the Zara, clad in my brand new outfit so that I could go ATVing with Beckham.

Beck had to take a quick call because he's always working, what else is new? So he opted to wait outside for me rather than watch me shop

Beck had to take a quick call because he's always working, what else is new? So he opted to wait outside for me rather than watch me shop. Luckily I didn't take long.

I turned around to find a mall cop and had to utilize all of my willpower to refrain from rolling my eyes and walking away.

"Did I drop something?" I questioned raising an eyebrow, "I'm in kind of a hurry."

"I saw you coming out of the store and just wanted to verify if you had a receipt of your purchase since you didn't come out with any bags."

That's not even a factual statement. I had a bag, just not from that store. Like truly what is the purpose of wasting my time with this?! Is this a joke? I glanced around looking for any hidden cameras trying to verify that I'm not on Punk'd right now.

I let out a long sigh trying my best to release my irritation as not to escalate the situation. "I actually don't have. It's not required to get a receipt when you buy something, but I'm sure the store employees won't have any problem verifying my purchase for you seeing as I just left."

They will undoubtedly remember the J.P Morgan Reserve  card that I used to swipe with, so there's also that. An invitation-only credit card isn't exactly something you swipe everyday.

"Actually—"

"Babe, are you ready to go? What's taking so long?" Beckham walked over having finished up with his phone call, wrapping a protective arm around my waist. He glanced at the rent-a-cop who deludedly thought he possessed the authority to interrogate me , giving him a dirty look.

"You're Beckham De Loughrey.." The cop eyes darted between us rapidly as he looked shell-shocked.

"Uh huh." Beck nodded curtly, "So did you need something from my fiancée or do you just make a habit of unwarrantedly stopping shoppers?"  Beckham made sure to emphasize the word fiancée his expression hardening.