Capitulo 18

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"I want to stay here and play with Ashton!" Jayce-Lynn whined as her bottom lip began to quiver.

It was time for us to officially depart from Hawaii and head back to Seattle. Jayce was taking it hard to say the least. Despite the fact that they'd only played together four times, Ashton was her new best friend and she was in deep distress now having to leave him. We got the kids together one last time so they'd be able to say good-bye and well...

"I—" I paused for a second. I can't very well promise that they'll see each other again. I don't even know where they live. Instead I glanced over at Xander, "Where are you guys from?"

"He lives in Portland," Xander gestured towards the small child. "I travel for work."

Seriously? What are the odds? "In that case, I'll send you my number and you can pass it along to his parents? We're from Seattle so it's just a few hours away." A three hour drive to precise. There's no reason the kids wouldn't be able to hang out sometime during the summer.

A small smirk spread across Xander's lips, "So what I'm hearing is I finally get your number?"

"Lennnn, you need to wrap up we can't keep the pilot waiting." Beckham's nosy ass sing-singed poking his head into the room. In return I cut my eyes at him mouthing the words 'go away'.

"Beckham, can you show some decorum. Jay and Ashton will finish saying goodbye and then we will go—"

"We'll come with you!" Ashton interjected pulling on his uncle's arm. So cute, also so not happening. Even if I were to entertain that delusional little outburst, Jayce is more than enough to deal with on her own. 

"I'm sorry buddy, we can't." Xander scooped Ashton into his arms since he was now beginning to cry. "No no it's okay. Remember Ms. Lennox said you can see Jayce-Lynn when you get back home, yeah? And you can show her your super cool car collection."

While Xander was consoling Ashton it didn't take long for Jayce's dramatic ass to also burst into tears. "We're never gonna see eachother again." She wailed literally collapsing on to the floor.

I bit down on my bottom lip harshly to resist the urge to snatch her up in front of all these white people. She knows better than to fall out like that. It's an unwritten rule but every black child knows that public tantrums are forbidden. Acting a fool in these streets is never acceptable.

"Jayce, sweetie.. I promise you will see Ashton again. Now get off the ground it's dirty." I gritted my teeth trying to suppress my agitation, she just continued to throw her fit as if she wasn't entering the danger zone. "Jayce-Lynn Monét James..."

Honestly I've had enough. "I am so sorry about this." I apologized to Xander as I grabbed Jay off of the floor. "I will send you my number and then we'll get the kids together sometime. Umm, see you around." I faked a smile as I carried the crying toddler out to the car.