Capitulo 45

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

The last month and a half has been nothing short of a whirlwind. It's been a lot to contend with. It feels like I haven't slept in ages between school, taking care of Jayce and visiting Knox at the hospital. But today is the day that we finally get to bring my beautiful baby boy home, just in time for Jayce's birthday this weekend.

Beckham wanted to post-pone her party but I couldn't do that to her. She's been such a good sport about everything that's happened with the baby, she's still just a little kid. I know that it bothers her... I haven't been able to make all her practices like I used to because I need to go visit Knox. Or she'll climb into bed with Beckham in the middle of the night only to be upset when she's finds I'm not also in it because I'm up somewhere studying. This has been a hard time on her, it's been hard on all of us. The last thing I'm going to do is rob her of her favorite day of the year.

Things will go be better now that the baby is coming home. I'm taking some more time off from school, since Knox was in the NICU, I only took about a week off to recover from my surgery but now I'll be home for at least 8 weeks and most likely, finishing out the rest of the semester remotely. I'll only need to be on-campus when we complete our labs, at which time Beckham can watch Knox. He's basically doing the same thing. Since at the beginning of the fiscal year he was officially named CEO, no one can tell him what to do. He's the boss. Well except HR, but that's different. He's decided to work from home since he has a home-office at the condo, but he'll still need to go into the office to take important meetings.

"This shouldn't be this complicated.." Beckham grunted now on his second attempt at trying to pass the car seat test, I sighed softly tapping his shoulder.

The car seat itself is fine, it already passed inspection and has been approved by hospital staff. Beckham just doesn't know how to properly install it. They won't let you leave with your baby until you do.

"Take a breath Bubs, it's not rocket science." I laughed softly, "Make sure the latch is connected.. There you go. Now pull to make sure it's secure."

He followed my instructions and I let out a sigh of relief when the nurse gave him the thumbs up, letting me know that it had been installed correctly. With the biggest smile on my face, I took Knox out of her arms into my own. He's still so small despite being nearly two months old. He barely even weighs 6 pounds. It's because he's a premmie but the doctors are happy with the rate he's been gaining weight so he gets to come home with us.

"Len? Are you crying?" Beckham wrapped an arm around my waist as I shook my head 'no'.

"He's so perfect.." I whispered, staring at the tiny sleeping human in my arms.