Capitulo 12

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

I walked into the restaurant where I was supposed to be meeting Malakai, it didn't take long for me to spot him since his table sat near the entrance, right next to a large window overlooking the city skyline.

He was already there because I of course, was fashionably late, as I am to everything. It's good to build up anticipation, it's also good to remind people that my time is a gift. It truly is, I have shit to do. Speaking of, I actually have to go meet Beckham after this. Niall is throwing a swanky party to announce that Beckham is officially taking over the company, and that they're beginning the transition process. My presence is of course mandatory, plus my interpersonal skills are far superior to Beckham's.

I waltzed over to the table, taking in Malakai's appearance. He cleans up pretty damn well. He wore a salmon colored suit with a white t-shirt under it. A smirk graced my lips as he stood up from his seat to greet me.

He's cute but his appearance confirms my suspicions, I don't think he can handle me.

Kai's eyes raked over my body and I let out a small laugh, watching him intake a sharp breath. "You look good, mamas." He pulled out his chair for me as I kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, I know. You look good too." It wasn't about being cocky, it was just that he stated what we both knew already. I spent an hour on this face, I look good. The outfit I just threw on though it's not anything special, just a one-shouldered black mini dress.

I sat down in the chair picking up my menu, glossing over it. I glanced up at Malakai, "I don't mean to be rude... But what is it that you do exactly?"

He's brought me to a restaurant where the appetizers start at $20, and only go up from there. This is the type of place where you pay $80 for a steak. He gave me the impression that he did well for himself, but very few people our age do this well for themselves.

"I'm a trainer." He responded casually causing me to raise my eyebrows in suspicion. That sounds like a lie, it can't just be me. What trainer makes that much money?

I sat my menu down on the table, "Maybe this was a bad idea.." Kai grabbed my wrist gently, a gesture that didn't sit too well with me. I stared down at his hand as if it were a spider.

"I'm an athletic trainer for the Sounders."

The Sounders are Seattle's professional soccer team. Soccer is a very big deal out here. I mean now it makes sense, I'm sure that pays extremely well and I've seen his body, he's more than fit enough for the job.

"You could've said that to begin with. You know that right?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Malakai, you asked me here. You are the one who pursued me despite my aversion to the idea, and now you're the one being aloof?"