Capitulo 19

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

On a scale of one to ten... I'm at a twelve. I'm faded as fuck. I'm pretty sure those white boys were spiking these drinks with more than just liquor. Because shit. I'm fucked up, and sure I've been drunk before like in undergrad but nothing like this.

It's not just me either.

Ayah is running around throwing ones even though at the time no one is dancing, Gia was fixing this girl's weave cause her tracks were showing. Which would have been fine if she had not been a stranger and if the poor girl wasn't wearing clip-ins! As soon as Gia touched her hair , it slid right on out. She was so embarrassed. All Gia said was to use glue next time and that's when I had the epiphany. We're all high. Interestingly enough, the guys are all sober. Or at least they appear to be sober compared to how out of it we are.

"Oh my godddd Lennox! They're playing our song!" Gia screeched running over to me, screeching loudly

"Oh my godddd Lennox! They're playing our song!" Gia screeched running over to me, screeching loudly. Our song being Dip It Low by Christina Milian.

I used to cheer and dance, basically all the way through Undergrad. When Gia caught wind of my past life she begged me to teach her a routine, so that's the one I taught her. It's a cute little bit to do in the clubs or at parties, a sure fire crowd pleaser. There are always those girls who have to do the damn most and show everyone else up, and we're those girls.

"We gotta do it, we gotta do it." Before I even had the chance to utter a response, Gia had decided for me. Grabbing my arm and dragging me to the karaoke stage that sat perched below the DJ booth.

If I was not heavily inebriated I probably wouldn't have indulged her, considering that this is technically work for Beckham and I should at least try to behave in a semi-professional manner regardless of the actions of others. However, we've already established that I'm on one, a strong one.

So just to clarify; I got my ass up on that stage to relive my glory days with my best friend. Drunk and in six-inch stilettos at that, but our impaired state did not stop us from murdering that choreo. Okay!