Capitulo 65

Beckham POV

Beckham POV

"Ma? What are you doing here?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion, as I entered my penthouse to find my mom in the kitchen serving Brandt and Jayce dinner.

"Lennoxita está enferma." She informed as she began to also scoop up some paella on to a dish to serve me as well. "She asked me to pick up mi nieta and I decided to stay and cook."

"So where's Knox?" I glanced around the room, seeing that his swing was empty.

"With Lennox." Brandt informed as if that sentence made any sense at all, earning him a slap on the back of the head.

"Hey!" Our mom gave me a stern look, pointing the serving spoon at me menacingly. "Hands to yourself."

"My bad, my bad." I surrendered. Mostly for Ma's sake.

Only Brandt's dumbass would think it's a good idea to leave our son with Lennox while she's sick. She could potentially get the baby sick as well. Since Knox was in the NICU for so long, he is more susceptible to things like illness.

"I'm gonna go check on Len, thanks for cooking Ma. Be good Bug." I smiled softly, ruffling Jayce's curls before heading back to my bedroom where Lennox and Knox are.

Knox was in his Doc-A-Tot, per usual busying himself with one of his toys. And Lennox... Lennox seemed a little bit out of it. The TV was on, not that she was watching it. She seemed to only be half awake.

"Hey Princess... How are you feeling?" I took a seat next to her on the bed gently stroking her head, shit she's burning up. I think she has a fever.

She simply rolled her eyes rolling over in the bed. So sick, cool. Noted.

"You want me to take the baby?"

"He won't leave." She mumbled so softly, I was barely even able to hear it. "He screams. His pediatrician said it's normal in babies his age, he wants to make sure I'm okay."

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle as I glanced over at our babbling baby boy. He is definitely his mother's child. Entirely incapable of ensuring that everyone and everything is okay, and yet insistent upon doing so. Those are Lennox's genes at work, that tracks for me.

"Fair enough, I'll just stay in here with you both then."

"You could get sick." Len sniffled, finally rolling over to look me in the eye.

"Doubtful. I'm more concerned about him." I tilted my head in Knox's direction. I'll let him stay in here while he's awake so he doesn't make a fuss, but come nightfall I'm taking him to his nursery. He doesn't need to sleep in here and breath in germs for eight hours.