Capitulo 4

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"Shit" Elijah muttered staring at my phone screen, "I can explain"

"You have precisely five seconds to do so, start talking." I folded my arms over my chest, looking him up and down.

"When Beck asked me how we met I gave him a loosely constructed story about how Devin introduced us, and I guessed he must've called him to confirm it or something. I don't know! Beckham is fucking unpredictable like that" Elijah rambled nearly incoherently. I once again began to rub my temples trying to make sense of this mess.

Devin is the client who referred Elijah to me, Devin is a long-term subscriber of the girlfriend package. He's a notorious partier and a massive playboy, having me as his girlfriend allows his parents to feel as though their child isn't a complete hot mess. When in reality he is. What I don't understand for the life of me is why in the flying fuck Elijah would even mention Devin's name.

I almost asked him, but decided against it. Instead spinning around on my heels walking towards the door, "Your money will be refunded to you within 24-48 hours" I stated before leaving. I didn't even bother to turn around, I'm pissed!

In case you don't understand what's happening. Elijah's dumbass has threatened the sanctity of my entire business. There are rules to this. Rule #1: Clients are only allowed a two person maximum as it pertains to referrals. You may only refer two people to me, ever. Rule #2: You must never ever mention to anyone (who's not client) the name of the person who referred you. Rule #3: Referrals are by invitation only.

Meaning theoretically the way the referral system should work is this: a new client gets referred to me bu a previous customer who has been satisfied with my services and thinks said client could benefit from them. Like how Devin referred Elijah, because he thought he could benefit from the girlfriend package. Since referrals are by invitation only, people aren't allowed to ask for them. I'm like Nanny McPhee, you get me because you need me. Not because you want me. By telling Beckham that Devin "set us up" he was able to ask Devin for a referral without blatantly doing it.

For clarification, it's like in high school when you wanted a friend to plug you with their dealer, but they also don't want to give to their connect. So they'd suggest you talk to so-and-so during a completely unrelated conversation. It doesn't take a genius to figure out so-and-so is the dealer, just as it wouldn't take Beckham long to figure out I'm an escort if he talked to Devin.

Elijah is now indefinitely removed from my client list. I was seething the entire ride back home. Beckham seems reckless, and it's obvious that he didn't bother with rules because his message wasn't even written in code. This is the kind of individual who could blow my entire operation, the kind of reckless idiot who could talk to the wrong person and get me arrested. Getting arrested would mean losing Jayce-Lynn and I can't even risk the possibility of that happening. I have a certain leverage with my clients that I don't posses with Beckham, and that is mutually assured destruction.