Capitulo 10

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"Ms. April?" I answered the door with confusion written all over my face. I immediately fixed it, I'm not upset to see her. I'm never upset to see her.

"Hey baby! Mind if I steal Jayce for the night?" She beamed, before I could answer two tiny voices made themselves known.

"Is Cousin Jayce coming to our sleepover?!" I peered behind Ms. April to spot Mia and Michelle, her grand children. They're seven year old twins.

They love Jayce-Lynn and she loves them, they're her honorary cousins. It's like I said before Ms. April is the closest thing we have to family, and she's been kind enough to share her family with us.

"Sure she can," I gave in smiling back at the two little girls. "Jayce, Mia and Michelle are here." I called out to her.

Shortly after a high pitched scream tore through the air "Cousins!" Jayce shrieked coming out of her room.

The twins pushed past me inside of the apartment causing Ms. April to laugh as they embraced Jayce in a bear hug. "Sure come in," I shook my head opening the door wider so Ms. April could come in.

"Girls, why don't you help Jayce-Lynn get her overnight bag together yeah?" I asked, the three of them barely let me get the sentence out before they took off down the hallway towards Jayce's room.

"They're a lot Ms. April, are you sure you're gonna be okay to handle them?" I questioned.

Ms. April doesn't have any trouble getting around or anything of that sort, but I wouldn't want to watch the three of them together. You notice Jayce never has any sleepovers at our place? There's a reason for that, her friends can come and hang out but there is no staying the night. I like sleep.

"It'll be fine. Micah is staying the night too so he'll also be able to help. He won't want to but I'll force him." She shrugged letting out a laugh.

Micah is the older brother of Mia and Michelle. They're her son Miles' kids, he's fifteen. He's a sweet boy mostly keeps to himself. He's smart as hell too, he's on the robotics team at his school.

I walked over to my purse that was sitting on the table and pulled out $50 in a few bills, handing it to Ms. April. "It's to get the girls some pizza, and Micah deserves a $20 for his troubles."

To my surprise she accepted the money, "I'm not spending it on myself. It's getting spent on the grand babies." She remarked as she stuffed it inside of her bra.

Well that explains why she took it.

"Either way, thank you Ms. April. I know it means a lot to Jayce... Getting to hang out with her cousins and it means a lot to me. That she doesn't have to grow up the way I did."

I didn't have a sad childhood, it was just lonely. I didn't have any cousins or siblings, Jayce was born when I was 20. My mom has me when she was a teenager so unfortunately it was just the two of us. I mean sure I had friends but that's still a lonely life for a kid. I know she tried her best it just would've been nice to have, well a family.