Capitulo 55

Beckham POV

Beckham POV

"There's something wrong with Lennox.." I furrowed my eyebrows together, holding a sleeping Knox, watching as it was her turn in front of the camera, during one of our many magazine shoots.

I've never seen someone so unhappy to be pampered and styled and photographed. Especially considering Len makes a fantastic model, she's fucking gorgeous but also she's a natural at posing and shit. She looks bored out of her mind. Despite how well the photos are turning out.   

"Maybe she has like post-partum or something

"Maybe she has like post-partum or something." Brandt shrugged his shoulders in response causing me to frown at him.

"She doesn't. She's great with Knox and Jayce, she loves them. They're here whole world." I shook my head at him, dismissing the thought. "If anything she's probably still upset about school... But this seems bigger than that, taking a semester off isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Plus she already has her undergraduate in Biology, it's not as though she can't work."

"When exactly would she have time to do that? Work, I mean. Between taking care of the kids, doing shit like this with you and trying to move into a new house. Where would she find the time to hold a job with traditional hours?"

"We could hire a nanny, if she wanted to go back to work that is." It's the most sensible solution to allow her some more free time.

"Do you actually talk to her or do you just fuck her?" My younger brother raised an eyebrow, "Why the hell do you think she'd hire a nanny? She has a whole complex about strangers raising her kids."

"Watch your language in front of my kid. And I'm aware that Lennox isn't fond of the idea of nannies."

I think it partially stems from having her biological father walk out on her and her mother. She doesn't ever want her child to feel abandoned by their parents. On top of that there was everything when she was fighting for custody of Jayce, apparently Elijah's parents, (Lennox's step-dad) wanted to take Jayce-Lynn. But they lived in Connecticut and had never even met Jay before because they felt Len's Mom wasn't good enough for Dr. James. They made her out to be some sort of opportunistic gold-digger, though I never met her, I firmly believe that to be a lie. Long story short, Lennox felt that nothing would exacerbate the trauma of Jayce having lost both of her parents more than being shipped across the country to live with total strangers. So yeah, no nannies. I just thought maybe now that she has full-custody of Jayce she might be more open to the idea. No one's showing up trying to take her kids away and tear her family apart.