Capitulo 32

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

Beckham is currently out of town on a business trip in New York. Thankfully the trip is of far too much importance for me to accompany him, so Niall is doing so instead. While Beck was gone he generously offered that I could continue staying at his penthouse. An offer I initially refused until remembering that staying at Beck's is the equivalent of staying a hotel. I'm not required to cook or clean or really do anything but keep Jayce out of trouble, and even then Brandt is here and can help with that.

The fact that my pregnancy is his risk has caused some paranoia in both of the De Loughrey men. Their preference is that I do nothing, at all times. Despite the fact that I've explained to them it doesn't work in that manner. My increased risk of a miscarriage is the result of a disease, a biological defect essentially. External factors such as my environment or how much weight I lift are going to pose very little impact on it. Their actions demonstrate that they don't believe me.

What do I know? I am only a medical student.

Speaking of, I'm due to return to school later this month. Since classes resume the end of August. Beckham to no surprise is not fond of the idea. As if I'm going off to war or something, rather than to sit in a classroom taking lab notes. It doesn't matter though. As result of whatever delusions take place in their heads, both Beckham and Brandt seem to forget that the only person I need to answer to is myself. Lennox says she's going back to school.

"Len, someone is FaceTiming you." Brandt handed me my phone off of the nightstand.

Someone was Beckham's overbearing ass. He calls like three times a day. Wanting to know if I've thrown up, or what I've eaten. The 'baby' he's so concerned about it scientifically barely even alive. Quite literally just on the cusp of being considering a living, breathing specimen. I cannot tolerate this sort of behavior for the next several months. It's suffocating.

"What do you want?" I frowned staring at Beck on my phone screen.

"How's my girl—" He trailed off furrowing his eyebrows together. "What am I looking at?"

It was now my turn to raise an eyebrow because he asked such a question while being fully aware of exactly what he was looking at. I'm currently in Brandt's bed. Not in that way, which Beckham should have known given that my outfit was compromised of one of his old college shirts and Jayce-Lynn was laying next to us. We're watching movies and eating snacks, and I personally am not fond of crumbs in the area where I must sleep but Brandt does not abide by such rules.

I panned the camera over to Jayce-Lynn who was munching on a red vine, her small body underneath Brandt's arm and then to the flatscreen on the wall that was playing Trolls 2. She waved at the camera and then almost immediately afterwards returned her attention to the screen. She's focused.

Yes, she's forcing us to watch Trolls. Again. She's seen it probably a hundred times and yet never tires of it... The joys of having a small child.