Capitulo 60

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

I stood in the corner of the hospital room watching Christian and Miles crowd around Ms. April. I figured I should give them their time, just out of respect. When Miles saw her he literally just collapsed on to the hospital bed and started sobbing. Not due to any physical ailment or anything wrong with her, with relief.

"Aww Sugar, it's okay.. I'm okay, come here.." Ms. April coughed when her eyes landed on me.

For some reason I still found my feet glued to the floor beneath me. My eyes darted back and forth between her emotional sons and the hospital machines she's currently hooked up to. I don't like seeing her like this..

This is why they don't let doctors treat their loved ones... I've been inside of hospitals before, I've seen ICU patients, I've even been to the morgue, hell I've even dissected a body. That was the first year of medical school, there's an entire unit on cadavers. But this, this I don't feel equipped to handle.

"Len, go ahead." Beckham gently placed a hand on the small of my back, nudging me forward.

I tentatively made my way to Ms. April's bedside. I grabbed the folder that was tucked into the slot at the foot of her hospital bed. Her chart, I want to read it and better understand her prognosis.

"What are you doing?" I could hear Beckham's voice behind me.

What I'm doing very much so seems self-explanatory so instead, I ignored him. Focusing my attention on the document in front of me. One word in particular stood out to me more than the rest.

Hemiparesis.

A stroke is a neurological disease. The brain is one of the primary factors in determining whether or not a body is will experience paralysis. There are two major factors to consider; damage to the brain and/or damage to the spinal cord. The former is only pertinent in Ms. April's case. Hemiparesis is just a step below full-blown paralysis, affecting only one-side of the body it is a severe loss in strength and motor function. It can be treated but she will have to undergo intensive physical therapy. Then there's also the chance of a stroke recurring. A pretty significant percentage of stroke victims suffer more than one stroke. Which makes her condition increasingly dangerous as well. It's going to take a lot of management— management of medication, physical therapy, possibly diet and other lifestyle changes. She'll definitely be prescribed anti-coagulants to prevent future blood clots and hopefully future strokes.

"Len?" The sound of my name being called once again broke me from my thoughts. "Is she okay?" I glanced up to see Miles who had now stopped crying, "Is Ma okay, what does the chart say?"

No.

"She will be." I smiled softly and nodded my head.

They're so happy right now, I'm not going to be the one to ruin that. Especially since Ms.April will be okay... Possibly. Honestly at this point and time it's too early to say anything definitive and the hospital will definitely be keeping her admitted the next few days to better understand what her long term side effects will be.