Capitulo 9

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"We have been at this for hours!" I ran a hand down my face before dramatically collapsing on to the table. "I still have a research paper to finish and turn in by tomorrow."

"Tomorrow is Saturday" Beckham stated the fucking obvious causing me to cut my eyes at him.

"Do you think my professor gives a fuck? The answer is he doesn't... I'm taking a break." I got up, walking away from the table and headed down the hallway to the kitchen.

Beckham and I have been sitting down with our lawyers trying to hash out the details of our contract. Well I brought Caleb, whom is not technically a lawyer yet but I needed someone I could trust. I know he's going to look out for my best interest, and with the added security of an NDA, I know he won't breathe a word of this to anyone. Not even Gia.

"Look," Caleb had also gotten up following after me, "I'm gonna be honest with you. Their offer is extremely generous, I say take it."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head "No. The money is generous, living together is a non-starter. I have Jayce to think about, Beckham lives over 30 minutes away from her school. Go back in there and fix it!"

"Fine." He held is hands up in surrender before retreating back to the dining room.

I leaned against the island burying my head in my hands. Why exactly am I doing this again? That's right he offered you the same amount of money the NFL pays Russell Wilson. He's the highest paid player in the NFL... That's a good fucking reason to do this. Put on your big girl panties, let's get this contract signed and get everything over with.

"Are you okay?" Beckham came up behind me, I didn't even bother to look up. I'm not especially pleased with him right now.

"I'm sorry.. If it were up to me, I'd give you everything you want. You know that. But it's the lawyers, since there's so much money involved they're just trying to..." He trailed off, because he knew what I knew. This is utter bullshit.

"Beckham," I finally turned around to face him, "You're not going to convince me that your lawyers want me to live with you as a means of getting your money's worth. Your lawyers work for you. You set the demands, they fight to get them instituted. The only thing we should be discussing is; why the fuck are you lying about it?" I gave him the nastiest look I could muster up.

Beckham ran a hand down the back of his head, sheepishly. Mmhmm, he looked as if he had been caught red-handed.

"Look... I'm not gonna lie, I may have suggested the idea of us living together. But just hear me out-"

"No!" I hissed, "I agreed to move in with you post-engagement but that wasn't enough for you. I have a child, I refuse to uproot her life to fulfill your twisted little fantasy. She's a person! With friends, sports, a school that's half an hour away. She's a child and you're a fucking stranger. This was so incredibly selfish of you." I shook my head in disgust.