Forty Two

a/n: i just wanted to be petty lololol #aaliyahhatetrain

**

Jaxon sets down a mug in front of Shawn and nods his head. "Just...Promise not to go all Shawn on her. Just try and be as civil as possible."

Shawn looks up from his mug and furrows his brows at Jaxon. "What the hell is 'going Shawn..?"

Jaxon looks over at Gavin and then at Kai. Shawn smiles and grabs Jaxon's wrist. "Hey. I saw that. What's 'going Shawn' that's literally not a thing."

Gavin clears his throat and turns his head to look at Kai. "Remember that time Jake Halloway took his parking spot and he threatened to rear-end his car?"

Kai nods her head. "Ooh yeah...Or that time in gym when Bobby Stewart stole the ball from him so he tripped him up and then smacked him in the face with the basketball?"

Jaxon giggles and looks up at Gavin. "Mhm...remember when that one teacher wouldn't fix his grade so he threw everything off of her desk."

Gavin kids his head. "That's a classic...Remem-."

"Okay! Shit...Never mind." Shawn shakes his head. "...So...be calm."

Jaxon turns around and smiles at him. He walks over to stand behind him and wrap his arms around his neck. "Yes. Stay calm. Think happy thoughts."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Whatever the fuck that means."

Jaxon laughs and stands back up. "Okay...If you're having a bad day, what do you usually think about?"

"You."

Jaxon nods. "So...When you're thinking about punching a hole in the wall...Or...calling her a name, think about me."

"Got it."

Kai sets her cup down in the sink and smiles. "Jax, you riding with me?"

"Mhm."

"You don't mind leaving early? I need to drop some stuff off at the post office before my first class."

Jaxon nods and walks away to grab his bag. "Okay."

Shawn frowns and holds one hand out. "Wait."

Jaxon smiles and holds his hand out, reaching out to grab Shawn's. He smiles as he's pulled forward aggressively.

He looks down at him and places one hand on his face. "Hi."

Shawn smiles as he looks back up at him. "Hi."

Gavin rolls his eyes from where he was and gets up to go get dressed for work.

"Can I catch you for lunch?"

Jaxon nods his head. "Sure...When do you get off?"

"Gav and I work breakfast shift. I'll be able to swing by."

"Okay." He leans in to kiss Shawn once. "I love you."

"Mm. I love you too, princess." Shawn leans in to kiss him again before pulling away. "Have fun at school."

**
"Wait so he's going to see her?"

Jaxon nods and grabs a water bottle from the vending machine. "Yeah. He wants to speak to her. Meaning he wants to make sure she stays out of my life for good."

Kirstin smiles. "Honestly? Aaliyah should be careful...Sometimes just being in Shawn's vicinity scares me."

Jaxon turns to look at her. "What?"