Eighty Four

Jaxon had already popped one of the champagne bottles while sitting in the passenger's seat. "God, I can't believe I'm engaged." He takes a swig.

Shawn chuckles and glances over at him. "Me either."

"God...Sixteen-year-old closeted me would not believe my life right now," Jaxon giggles and takes another swig.

Shawn smiles. "Everyone was worried you were gonna say no." Shawn switches his hand on the wheel.

"What? Why?"

"You're goal orientated. Like things to be in order. You're a planner." Shawn smiles.

"Oh my god!" Jaxon sits up and brings his feet off the dashboard. "We should prank them. Act like I said no."

Shawn smiles and nods. "That sounds fun."

**
Jaxon sets the champagne bottle down in this seat before standing up. "Follow my lead. Act super upset. And start heading to the room."

"Got it."

Jaxon giggles and shoves his ring into his pocket before wiping away his smile.

Shawn opens the front door, letting Jaxon in. Kai sits up from the couch, a wide smile on her face. "Hey! How was the date?"

Jaxon shrugs his shoulder, setting the picnic basket down. "It was...Fine. Yeah, it was cool."

AJ glances at Kai, furrowing his brows. Kai looks at him and shrugs her shoulders.

Shawn walks past him, heading to the bedroom when Jaxon speaks up. "So, what? Are we not gonna speak about this?"

Shawn turns around, making eye contact with Jaxon and almost bursting out into laughter. "Talk about what? How you dissed me?"

"I didn't fucking diss you. Shawn."

Gavin and Chantel appear from the kitchen. They'd been preparing some dessert to celebrate the engagement. Gavin clears his throat. "Uh, everything okay?"

"Everything's fine," Jaxon says crossing his arms. "I just thought he'd be more understanding."

Chantel frowns. "Oh no...What happened?"

"He proposed. And I told him I'm not ready but instead of him being understanding, he's being a dick."

Shawn scoffs and walks up to Jaxon. "Oh, I'm being a dick?"

Jaxon looks up at him, a smile starting to form. "Mhm," He glances over at Kai before back at Shawn. "A...Gigantic...Massive one."

Shawn lets out a laugh, causing Jaxon to follow after. Gavin rolls his eyes. "You guys are fucking assholes."

AJ sighs as Kai places her hand on her chest. "Oh my god! I almost started crying!"

Jaxon smiles and turns to her. "We had to." Jaxon laughs and points to Chantel, "Did you see your face?"

Shawn shakes his head and wipes under his eyes. "That was priceless."

Jaxon grabs his ring from his pocket and slides it back over his finger. "Of course, I said yes!"

Kai smiles and leans in to hug him. "Congratulations, baby. I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you," He smiles back before giving Chantel a hug.

Chantel smiles at him. "Kirstin wanted to be here but she's with family right now."

"It's okay."

"Let's see the ring." Chantel grabs Jaxon's hand. "Oh wow. That's so pretty."

"I know right!" Jaxon says with a bright smile on his face.

AJ walks into the kitchen. "Congrats, you asshole."

Gavin hugs Shawn. "Yeah, congrats."

"Thanks, guys. I was shitting bricks right before it. Literally felt like I was withdrawing from drugs or something."

"Sweaty palms, huh?"

"Oh most definitely. I was shaking like a bitch too."

AJ smiles. "You get a video?"

"Yeah. Propped my phone up without him noticing. His mom told me she'd personally attack me if I didn't film it."

Gavin chuckles. "He looks really happy. You look really happy. I think...I'm really happy too."

Shawn smiles and shakes his head. "Oh fuck. Are you getting all sentimental on me? That's not our thing."

Gavin furrows his brows. "This is all your fault, bitch."

AJ laughs before motioning over to the deserts spread across the island. "Would you like to indulge? You deserve it."

Shawn looks over at the desserts and smiles. "Oh, hell yeah."

Jaxon appears in the kitchen, looking around at the desserts as well. "Ooh. For us?"

**
After hanging out with the group for a few hours, drinking three whole bottoms of champagne. Shawn then got the urge to do a bunch of shots but only he, Gavin, and Jaxon decided to partake.

But after Gavin had decided he was done, the couple kept drinking and got super drunk together.

Kai was sitting on the couch, glancing over at the couple in the kitchen, loudly speaking back and forth about nonsense.

She turns to the group. "Should we stop them? Give their livers a fighting chance."

AJ shrugs. "They're celebrating."

"Okay but...There's like...Limits."

Gavin nods and stands up, being a little tipsy. "I got it." He walks into the kitchen, grabbing the bottles from them. "Alright, enough you two. I'm putting you on alcohol probation."

Shawn rolls his eyes. "Whatever, dad. You know you're so not fun. Like, we're just having fun. Plus we've hit that stage where it starts to taste less like alcohol and more like juice."

Gavin sighs and shakes his head. "No more."

Jaxon chuckles and looks up at Shawn. "y'so hot when you speak." He slurs his words.

Shawn smiles at him, stepping closer to him to press their bodies together. Jaxon's back was now pressed against the counter. "Yeah?"

"Mhm. So glad you asked to marry me."

Shawn shakes his head. "Nu-uh. I asked if you'd marry me."

"I said that. And you asked you to marry me."

Gavin closes his eyes for a split second, trying to contain his laughter at the banter between them. "See, you two need to sober up."

Jaxon reaches his hand under Shawn's shirt and smiles. "Do married couples have a lot of sex? Does this mean we can have even more sex now?"

Shawn smiles. "I wouldn't mind that."

Gavin sighs. "Oh good god."

Jaxon suddenly laughs loudly, turning to look at Gavin. "You can't say that!" He leans closer to Gavin, whispering, "We're gay!"

Shawn nods his head, copying Jaxon to lean toward Gavin. "It's true. I forgot to tell you but I like guys."

Gavin nods his head. "Really? I had no idea when you proposed to Jaxon. Could've fooled me."

Jaxon smiles and looks down at his ring. "I'm so happy you asked to marry you."

Gavin shakes his head and walks out of the kitchen. "I can't take it anymore. They're no longer coherent."

**