Thirty Four

Shawn holds the door open for Jaxon as he walks back into the apartment.

Chantel pops a bottle of champagne, jumping up and down. "Surprise!"

Kirstin, AJ, Kai, and Gavin all pop from different parts of the apartment. AJ smiles and blows into the party horn. "Happy Birthday!"

Jaxon's eyes widen before he turns around to look at Shawn, furrowing his brows. "W-what?"

Shawn smiles and leans in to kiss him once. "Happy birthday, my princess."

**
Jaxon takes a seat next to Chantel, smiling. He nudged his arm and rolls his eyes. "I hate you! I told you I don't like parties!"

Chantel smiles and leans into his side. "Okay, it wasn't one hundred percent my idea, but...I may have organized everything."

"Well, thank you. Feels nice to be surrounded by such amazing people."

Chantel smiles. "I'm glad. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened the other day. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

Kirstin walks over with a bag in her hands, smiling. "Mind if I intrude? I have a gift."

Shawn was sitting at the island, taking a sip from the beer in his hands. Gavin walks over and sits down next to him, clinking his beer against Shawn's.

"His tattoo is dope, man."

Shawn nods. "Yeah. He jitters a lot though. I thought he was gonna break my hand when he was squeezing my hand."

Gavin chuckles and brings his beer up to his mouth. "Sounds about right. It's his first one anyway."

Shawn shrugs a little. "Second. First one is...Secret."

"Oh damn, really? That's cool."

Jaxon gets up from where he was sitting, a big smile on his face. "Baby, look! Kirstin and Chantel got me new septum rings. Look! This one a heart, isn't it cute?"

Shawn grabs the pack and smiles. "Aw damn. These are super cute, baby. You having fun?"

Jaxon nods. "I am. Thank you. Chantel told me everything you planned while I was sleeping last night, you delinquent."

Shawn smiles at him, setting a hand on his jaw. "You know I had to do something for your nasty nineteen." He winks once at him, licking his lips.

Gavin rolls his eyes. "Still here."

Jaxon smiles and sets his hand on Shawn's thigh. "Sorry."

Shawn grabs Jaxon's hand, smiling. "How's your arm feel? Sore?"

"Mm. A little. A lot better now that that needle isn't puncturing my skin. Fuck, that shit hurt so bad."

"We gotta clean it soon, baby boy. Make sure it heals well."

"I'm so scared to tell my mom. I know that they don't really care but...Still parents."

Shawn smiles and leans back. "God, I'm so glad my dad is incompetent."

Jaxon giggles and rolls his eyes. "Oh, whatever."

**
Chantel sits next to Gavin who was sitting by himself on the couch as everyone was socializing in the kitchen.

She hands him a beer, before taking a sip from her own. "Not a party kid?"

Gavin looks over and chuckles. "Oh trust me. I'm a party kid just...Not in the party mood. What about you?"

"Hm. Just wanted to check on you, I guess. How are you doing...You know...With Mia and everything."

Gavin hums and takes a sip of the beer. "I don't know, to be honest. Thought I wasn't still in love with her but...Apparently, I was."

Chantel frowns and scoots closer to him. "I'm really sorry about that. I know the feeling."

"Really? Or is this...One of those patent..'I understand' conversations?" Gavin asks with a smile on his face.

Chantel lets out a laugh and shakes her head. "No...Trust me. I've just...Had a guy cheat on me once. With no one other than my sister."

Gavin's eyes widen and he looks at her. "No shit?"

Chantel shakes her head. "No shit. I still love my sister...Well, it is kind of awkward when I see him at family dinners-."

"They're still together?"

"Mhm. It's kind of odd but...I'll just have to get used to it."

"That's fucked up. I'm sorry."

Chantel shrugs. "I'm over it. Trust. That was like...two personalities ago. I'm more worried about you cause it was hella recent."

Gavin nods. "Thanks...I'm kinda more worried about Jaxon, though. What a fucked up thing. Especially on his birthday? They grew up together...I mean, born in the same fucking hospital. Parents are best friends."

"Damn, really?"

"Yeah. Those two were having play dates as newborns. All that down the drain so she can impress her rich friend."

Chantel frowns and looks over at Jaxon who was sitting on one of the countertops, a slice of pizza in his hand as he was listening to Kai speak.

Chantel looks back over. "I just hope that the two of you can feel better. That's all that matters."

**
Chantel and Kirstin had ended up staying the night again, deciding they would borrow some of Kai's clothes and they'd all ride to campus tomorrow morning.

Jaxon grabs Shawn's hand, pulling him into their room. Shawn smiles and sets his hand on the small of Jaxon's back. "We can't, princess."

"Says who? It's my birthday?"

Shawn chuckles, both of them being slightly tipsy. Jaxon stumbles a little, feeling Shawn's hands wrap around his waist. "Number one, we have roomies and company, and two, you're drunk."

Jaxon turns around with a goofy smile on his face. "Who's drunk? I'm not drunk? Look."

Jaxon lifts his arm, closing his eyes and touching his nose with his pointer finger. "Oh, the wonders of sobriety."

Shawn laughs at him and shakes his head. "It's a school night."

Jaxon rolls his eyes, reaching out to grab Shawn's arms, pulling on them. "God, you sound like a mom. Please? Remember it's my 'nasty nineteen', let's end it on a hot note."

Shawn looks up at him, leaning in and kissing him once. "Fine. But you have to be quiet. We all know you're not too good at that."

Jaxon smiles, biting his lip. "Hm. Not my fault you're good at your job."

*